Urch Forums

Best Test Prep Material for above 700

johnmack212

Hi everyone,

I scored a 720 on the GMAT and I think I will take it again (I am looking to score in the top 1%)

I want to know what people have used to bring their score up to the top 1%.

I current use:

1. Official GMAT Guide

2. Free Practice Tests Online

3. 2minuteGMAT daily questions

My question is for people who have scored above mid 700's. My question is, what material is best for the top scorers?

I would appreciate to hear any books or programs. I know that some programs, like Princeton Review, are very targeted for people looking to score between 600-700, but I need very hard questions.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I did some digging around and now I am in love with 2 books:

1. Kaplan 800

2. Manhattan GMAT books (really helpful although they are kind of expensive)

There are not many books I have read with good GMAT strategy, and these two books are definitely helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi John,

I can recommend you set of Prime Gmat Prep books consist of 10 GMAT prep books covering every facet of the Quantitative, Verbal, and Analytical Writing Assessment sections of the GMAT. The Prime Gmat Prep books comprehensively cover every fundamental tested on the GMAT, describe step-by-step methodologies for approaching every type of GMAT question, and including over 1500 practice problems, drills, diagnostic tests, practice GMAT exams and detailed answer solutions. Prime Gmat Prep students that enroll in a GMAT prep course or register for a GMAT prep tutoring package receive for free the complete set of Prime Gmat Prep books.

Best wishes!

Friends,

I need help with the below topics in the Quant Section.

Probablity Advanced word problems,[i can solve the basic problems with conceptual understanding but struggle with problems involving Permutations and combinations].

Set Operations.

I sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Hey All!

Just discovered this site and going to date my study time starting from tomorrow!! I've been on and off for the past few months and really want to apply for this fall's admission. So far I've used OG 12th edition for a few of the quant sections. I graduated from a UC with a fairly strong econ background and want to work in the microfinance sector. Currently I work at a non-profit and looking to apply to B-school for fall 2012. I'm not sure yet if I want to do full-time or part-time, but really want to focus on the GMAT score so I can have the options of looking at admission in top tier schools.

Hoping joining this will make me stay motivated - thanks in advance for all the tips and resources everyone on here has put together.

My ideal goal would be 750, but I would be pretty ecstatic with a score of 700+---it's time for me to start cracking open the books!

• 4 weeks later...
Friends,

I need help with the below topics in the Quant Section.

Probablity Advanced word problems,[i can solve the basic problems with conceptual understanding but struggle with problems involving Permutations and combinations].

Set Operations.

I sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Hi Rohansharma,

My GMAT prep program is divided into modules, so if you only need help in a few areas (e.g., Geometry and Counting), you can purchase just those specific modules.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Brent

Edited by Brent Hanneson

Hi guys,

I did some digging around and now I am in love with 2 books:

1. Kaplan 800

2. Manhattan GMAT books (really helpful although they are kind of expensive)

There are not many books I have read with good GMAT strategy, and these two books are definitely helpful.

Kaplan 800 is a good one.

If you are studying MGMAT 4th editions, give special focus on the part II (advance one).

For CR, add CR Bible (power score)[ if not in your extisting material]

One thing, to crack 700 + , RC is critical. You have already cracked it !. Make sure that you can solve any RC of OG - 10,11,12 within 4 min (max).

Hope that helps !

Cheers !!!

Edited by 800

Hi everyone,

I scored a 720 on the GMAT and I think I will take it again (I am looking to score in the top 1%)

I want to know what people have used to bring their score up to the top 1%.

I current use:

1. Official GMAT Guide

2. Free Practice Tests Online

3. 2minuteGMAT daily questions

My question is for people who have scored above mid 700's. My question is, what material is best for the top scorers?

I would appreciate to hear any books or programs. I know that some programs, like Princeton Review, are very targeted for people looking to score between 600-700, but I need very hard questions.

Thank you.

Hello

There are various ways you can use to practise for your GMAT. It could be combination of online classes, coaching institutes, practise books and even smart phone applications. Having this combination will be giving you access to different styles and it won’t be monotonous for you.

Dedicate some time to study daily through these different methods. Probably practising the tests will help you gauge your performance and you would know if you are satisfied with your score or not. You can chose for the hard level and see how your are performing and then improvise accordingly.

Hi everyone,

I took the GMAT a few years ago, scored 760, went on to B-School, and recently graduated. I attended a European school, so if any of you are considering that I recommend it, it was a great experience.

I am posting here because I am curious about how people prepare for the GMAT, and what they believe are the biggest factors influencing their scores. This is potentially for business purposes, but I hope it is not considered spam. I am just asking the community for help, and input, regarding GMAT study habits. If anyone wants to help and give their opinions, please take this 1-minute survey. Good luck to everyone on the test.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GMATTestSurvey

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I am writing here because I stay interested in recent GMAT activity. I did mine some years ago and currently attend a European B-School.

I can recommend the books of Manhattan GMAT. They are really hard and therefore good to prepare for a high score. Furthermore I did a course in Bavaria, Germany that was really inexpensive and helpful.

Check out, http://www.gmat-workshop.de

It absolutely good value for the money.

All the best to you,

gmat2204.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...