Sponsored Ad:
See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: GMAT Prep Books Self Study: How to make the best use of the GMAT Official Guides

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    Sponsored Ad:
    Most irrefutably, think very hard before “enrolling” for either a classroom or an online course. In majority of cases, and for most students, you can often learn a lot more, by utilizing various books, and by using information available in public libraries.

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    The official guides still remain one of the best sources to practice real test questions that have been retired from the current pool.

The practice question in the official guides resemble very closely to what you are likely to see on the real test.
    Last edited by wasleys; 10-31-2010 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Posts merged

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    Hi FireWolf, sorry the delay in replying to your question - you can buy Kaplan or Barrons, both books have something different to offer.

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

Tutoring helps too?

Score,
    Besides reading the Kaplan books and Official Guide, Do you recommend hiring a tutor?

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    If you follow the plan I outlined in my original post, I don’t think you’d need a private tutor unless – you happen to be someone who is better able to understand things when someone is teaching you versus learning yourself by reading books, plus you have loads of money to waste. I think most people can get a very good score – just by self discipline and self study.

Good post? Yes | No
    I self-studied for the GMAT and scored a 750.

In my opinion, the Official Guides are absolutely necessary for good GMATpreparation as they have best questions.

But sometimes, the answer choices are not the best: As a result, I have written shortcut and alternative solutions for some of the questions in the Official Guide 12th Edition book:
    Alternative Solutions for the OG 12the Edition
    I have also written shortcuts for some of the Quant 2nd Edition Book (Green Book). They can be found here. In my opinion, the 2nd Edition Quant Review book problems are not very hard. If you are scoring 80% or above there is really no point in getting this book.

As far as Verbal: The Official Guide questions and answers are both pretty good. The Verbal Review (Blue Workbook) is not easier like the quant one.
    Visit my gmat website: - www.gmathints.com

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    I am going to visit the website you mentioned and see how useful it is. Congratulations and good luck with your website.

Good post? Yes | No
    I just wanted to share with you guys that just last week I received EZ Solutions six new verbal books and the GMAT Official Guide verbal new edition from amazon. It is simply amazing how good they are. They have broken down each section into small parts. I am just beginning to read them but I have not seen such a thing ever. They have all that you would need to ace the test. Even if you know nothing you will learn everything in a systematic manner. You will get be a complete picture of grammar, vocabulary, reading, writing, sentence correction and critical reasoning. EZ Solutions is truly your one stop prep for the GMAT math and verbal.

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    I agree with your post about the verbal books.

I also suggest that you use the Official Guide to get practice with real verbal test questions.

Good post? Yes | No

hey..

wen is the best tym to aply for gmat..?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information