Urch Forums

Can't break out of the mid 600s

adstatus

I am frantically studying for the GMAT next week and am really stressed out about my performance. Like everyone else, I'm hoping to hit a 700 - not 690, not 710, just 700. Following are the scores on all the preps I've taken to date. Obviously, I'm in a rut, stuck between 640 and 660 average. The 800Score exams I DID NOT take all at once. I did the V and Q on different days. The first 800SCore test (Q48) had a lot of repeat questions to a sample question bin I had already done, so that score is not representative.

800Score-1 V36 Q48 690

800Score-2 V41 Q33 610

800Score-3 V41 Q39 660

800Score-4 V39 Q43 670

800Score-5 V44 Q42 700

PR-3 V40 Q41 660

PR-4 V40 Q39 640

MGMAT V34 Q43 640

I took the FREE MGMAT exam today and was freaked out by the math - either really hard or super easy. I think the easy ones stressed me out more than the hard ones. My really shock was the low Verbal. I'm admittedly not a "Math Guy" and have been focusing on boosting my Verbal score. I figure if I can keep my Q score around a 42 then a V score around 44 or 45 should get me to the 700 mark.

Is anyone familiar with the MGMAT Verbal? It seemed harder than the OG questions I've been working. I plan to take the GMAT PREP tests over the next day or two. I could really use some advice and/or encouragement that a 700 is within my grasp. I can't seem to get out of the mid 600s.

Any advice or areas of focus would help. There are not any one thing I'm missing consistently. I'm kind of all over the board, so I'm not sure what I should be focusing on. HELP!