Urch Forums

Deadlock!

DrDre

Hey Guys!

I am sort of all drained out on my GMAT studies. I have been putting some serious efforts in getting a good score. However, I am just not able to crack that 650+ for the mocks!!! :(

The problem with me I have seen is that I can't do very well under time pressure. Also, I tend to loose focus after an hour or so during the GMAT tests (mock). As a result, I get decent in Q (45+), but V (max 30) goes for a complete spin. By the time I reach the Verbal section, my brains almost freeze!!!

For Q I seem to mess up due to time pressure. After the mocks, when I try to analyze the questions where I went wrong, I seem to solve most of them without much effort!!!

During my preps, while practicing the OG, I do well in the Q, SC, CR as well RC. My CR is good during my practice on the OG. Out of about 10, I get about 8 right most of the time. But when it comes to the mocks, I just can't get things right. The same is with the RC as well.

I am in a sort of deadlock on how to proceed. I have given about 3-4 mocks (GMATPrep software), but scores just don't seem to match my hard work!!! :(

Any tips/inputs/suggestion with be of great help!

Cheers!

V

Needed some help -

Those guys who are consistently getting 700+ for their mocks on the GMATPrep software......anyone who could share the stats of their results ?

I mean....for the Q and V, how many DS problems were correct, how many RC were correct ....etc. ?

This would help me in analyzing where I need to focus in order to improve my scores.

Thanks in adv,

Guys,

From those who have been getting 700+ on the GMATPrep software, can anyone help me by sharing the analysis of their results in terms of:

1. How many DS questions they got right/wrong ?

2. How many PS questions they got right/wrong ?

3. The same for RC, CR and SC ??

It would help to understand where I am going wrong and where I need to focus!

Thanks in adv ,

V

• 2 weeks later...
Practice is the key for success in Gmat, try to solve as much as mock tests you can. Set a fixed timetable for your studies.

Thanks Ruth. I have trying to answer some mocks, but I am not able to get how the scoring is done.

I just answered a mock and my score was a disappointing 530 (Q:39, V:24). The last time I got 540 (Q:40, V:24). I tried to analyse where I went wrong in my tests, but I don't seem to get a hang of things.

For the test that I scored 540 (Q:40, V:24), I got 12 wrong on the Q and 21 wrong on the Verbal. But for this test, I did not manage to complete the Q on time due to which I could not answer the last question. So I guess the low score was due to the fact of not completing on time.

Now, for the test that I scored 530 (Q:39, V:24). I got 21 wrong on the Q but only 13 wrong in Q. I am not surprised at the low Q score, but what surprises me is that V still DID NOT change!!!!!

So I am not sure where do I need to improve on the Verbal!!!!

Please help me guys.

If anybody can share some stats of their GMAT mocks (GMATprep) , would be great.

Cheers!

Thanks Ruth. I have trying to answer some mocks, but I am not able to get how the scoring is done.

I just answered a mock and my score was a disappointing 530 (Q:39, V:24). The last time I got 540 (Q:40, V:24). I tried to analyse where I went wrong in my tests, but I don't seem to get a hang of things.

For the test that I scored 540 (Q:40, V:24), I got 12 wrong on the Q and 21 wrong on the Verbal. But for this test, I did not manage to complete the Q on time due to which I could not answer the last question. So I guess the low score was due to the fact of not completing on time.

Now, for the test that I scored 530 (Q:39, V:24). I got 21 wrong on the Q but only 13 wrong in Q. I am not surprised at the low Q score, but what surprises me is that V still DID NOT change!!!!!

So I am not sure where do I need to improve on the Verbal!!!!

Please help me guys.

If anybody can share some stats of their GMAT mocks (GMATprep) , would be great.

Cheers!