Urch Forums

vocalising---Reading comprehension.. pls advice

Merryman

Hi everybody,

I have gone thru some of the excellent study strategies for GMAT posted here on the forum. I find myself with a peculiar problem. When it comes to reading comprehension, I find that vocaliziing helps me in better comprehension( I have been used to it from school days as it helps me to concentrate also). I have tried reading without vocalizing (as recommended by most study strategies) and find results not very promising… By vocalizing I am able to have a reading speed of about 180- 200 words per minute. Please advise if it is wise to continue the approach of vocalizing as the results are better now or should I practice more without vocalizing …. I have 50 days to go for the test….

Regards

I think if it works for you, then you should stick with it Merryman! You may not see results with major adjustments between now and your test date; it's not a good time to make such changes. Just be sure to speak quietly, so the folks administering the test don't think you're talking with your secret helper!