Urch Forums

370 GMAT on second attempt; down from 450 GMAT

nutty

hi,

my second attempt was on the 16th of march. It was a total disaster. i made 370. this is lower than my previous score of 450. i really dont know what to do. but i dont want to give up.

i have a conditional admission to join school. i need to give a score of more than 550 by may 2005. i am planning to take some online courses. can anybody suggest one.

thanks in advance

Dear friend

A score of what you are saying in the range of 400-500 and in second attempt below 400 is I know beats the hell out of a person.

I feel to get a score of 550 in GMAT, please go through only the official ETS 10th edition.

Read it, lick it and sleep with it from the 1st to the last page. Thats it!!

Believe me...do that book properly you would get a score of atleast 600 guaranteed in GMAT.

Also try understand the reasoning in the answers rather than just reading it. Give time to understand each and every answer.

In case of anyother info u require do let me know.

Princeton review can be of some help to you especially the basics, but do not touch Kaplan at all. It will just diminish your confidence.

And cheer up!! Life is beautiful. When u confront with hurdles like GMAT, and you cross them you are a better person each time.

And do remember your achievements in life small or big, they mean to you, your parents and this world.

Thanks & regards

Shailendra

thanx for your advice.

i feel i am a complete failure. but let me not give up easily. i did all the problems from og 9th edition. maybe something is wrong with my reasoning. i want to try some online courses. gorilla's guarantee a 120 point increase. right now i am confused. my break up is q 18 and v 15. what a score to get.

thanks

nutty,

don't worry, and believe in yourself that you can do better. don't give up because you will eventually get there. if you want an online course, you may look into gmaxonline.com. they are pretty good, and teach the fundamentals rather than tricks such as princeton and kaplan do. as chauhan suggested, work through the [tooltip=Official Guide]OG[/tooltip] again and understand the concepts behind each of the questions. you won't see the same question again on the real exam, but if you understand the concept, you'll be able to apply it on test day.

Buddy, Chill out..This is not the end of the day..You have your big and beautifull life waiting for u..I wud say that you just go through the [tooltip=Official Guide]OG[/tooltip] thoroughly..Not go through but I would say you just need to lick that stuff to score bet 600 and 650..

You can follow princeton but I assure you that [tooltip=Official Guide]OG[/tooltip] would be sufficient to get that score..

Best of luck

Remember this is not the end of the day..Every new day brings with it new hopes,new dreams, new issues..and hell lot of new "hidden" things..

So just keep your cool and give it a shot but this time make sure that you are ready to face the challenge..

Nutty,

I am preparing for the forth try and I am not as down as you are. I only improved 20 points from the first try to the third try. But, I am still preparing harder than ever. I know people that took the GMAT 7 times after starting in the 300-range. They are at Harvard now. This is not a race it is a destiny. Claim yours whenever you are ready. Off course the sooner the better, but since we all come from different walks of life, it takes some longer than the others.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, kick yourself in the fanny, and start all over again. Study the [tooltip=Official Guide]OG[/tooltip] well and each thread in the testmagic: you will be fine.

Good luck,

Mo