Sponsored Ad:

Thread: Princeton Review vs Kaplan Classes

Good post? Yes | No

Princeton Review vs Kaplan Classes

Sponsored Ad:
    Hi all,

I'm thinking about taking either the Kaplan or Princeton review class starting this weekend. Does anybody have any suggestions on which to take?

I've heard negatives about both:

Kaplan - Scores are unrealistic and not indicative of your actual GMAT potential. However, some seem to find the questions mimic the difficulty of the actual GMAT better than Official Guide or PP.

Princeton Review - Have fallen behind and need to update all their techniques and materials, but their tests are more in line with actual GMAT results.

I'd like to use one, learn the techniques and then be able to apply them going forward. I think that if I try and learn the techniques from both, I'll end up confusing myself. Let me know if anyone has taken these courses and if they thought it helped them with the actual test.

Thanks much,

W

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

Re: Princeton Review vs Kaplan Classes

If your goal is to prepare for the test then Kaplan is great preparation.

If your goal is to get an indication of your actual scores then use Princeton Review.

Don't get caught up in predicting your score. From my experience and from reading a lot of posters, they all complain about the lower Kaplan scores in comparison to the other products, but remember Kaplan "guarantees" a higher score.

I scored 120 higher on the actual than on Kaplan and I don't think it is that unusual. I read in another post that the average increase varies from 80-100.

Again, if you want to be prepared use the Kaplan. If you want an idea of where you will score, the free Princeton Review test online was within 20 for me.

Good post? Yes | No

Ekhildy,

Thank you very much for your advice. You make perfect sense so I have signed up for the classroom review starting this weekend. I plan on putting in alot of time into the Kaplan materials, but have also ordered the Official Guide text as well. I have yet to look at it, but is the Official Guide simply a compilation of previous questions or does it have techniques and methods for solving the problems? I'm just wondering because I want to consider when to introduce myself to the Official Guide text (and techniques if applicable) in my prep schedule. Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

W

Good post? Yes | No

I'm guessing someone here has the Official Guide text, any help would be appreciated!!!!

Thread Information