Urch Forums

indian in US help me

rajanis14

hai all,

I am an indian and currently resided in US on dependent VISA. I have heard that in some places GRE has changed to paperbased. What it is like in US. Is it paper based or computer based. At present I am having cracking the GRE by princeton. Is it enough. And I BE ECE. what is best to do in MS. Thanx . for all your adivce in advance.

Rajani

You will take the CBT GRE in almost every location in the US.

No, one PR book is not enough. You will need to do a lot more. Check out the study plans and other posts in this forum for some great advice.

Good luck, and keep studying hard! :)

Rajani, A HEARTY WELCOME TO TM...

Now about ur questions, if u r on H4, u can't apply for an asstship and u can't even take up any jobs..U r literally a "DEPENDANT" on ur spouse for ur tuition and also living expenses....Remember that tuition costs for an MS can go as high as $5000 per semester depending on the number of courses u take per semester (or quarter in some univs)...On the other hand, if u get an F1 VISA u can get an asstship or in the worst case, if u dont get an asstship, u can atleast work in some oncampus jobs and earn some $$$$.... But, u can't change ur VISA from a H4 to F1 unless u get an I-20 from atleast one US Univ....After u get ur I-20 u can go to Canada (or India) and get ur F1 VISA.....So to get an I-20 u gotta take ur GRE, TOEFL and apply for the universities......Its the same process as a student in India should go thru, that a H4 VISA holder have to follow even though they r here in the US.

If u have any more questions about VISAs and stuff visit http://www.immigrationportal.com...and if u have any questions about any of the tests, u already did a great job by joining our community:D

HTH

-Sri.