Urch Forums

Permutation, Combination and Probability

netgear

Hi! I'm new. Hope someone can help me apply Permutation, Combination and Probability knowledge. I've checked out the Kaplan red book & Math Power and do understand the basic differences. But I get really confused when applying them to pratice questions (they seem to be a lot more complicated that the examples initially presented). Does anyone have tricks or tips to share? Any other prep materials in

this area that I need to look into? Math in general is my waterloo. :o Thanks.

I am not sue about your specific method of solving these problems. But in general, they are very basic questions (i.e. they just want to know if you understand what probability means i.e. favourable/total).

The moment you try to apply those formula's in books thinking "let me save myself some time ", you will likely get confused unless you recently took a full blown probability class (also, the answer choices do usually contain one of the choices that a confused individual is likely to choose).

Try some with very very basic knwoedge even though it may seem to you that you are working on the problem too tedious way.

Hope you can post your experience if you decide to try what I said.

• 2 years later...