Urch Forums

study plan

kini911

Hi Erin.

I'm planning on writing my GMAT in November 03 and i need a good study plan. I have the [tooltip=Official Guide]OG[/tooltip], Cliff's, KAPLAN and Arco's essay guide. Do i need to attend any GMAT classes? Also do i prepare for each section at one time or all of it together? Also, i need help with the AWA section? Are all the topics covered in the arco essay guide? If not could u plz post the topics up? Does it help in anyway, if i give my TOEFL first?

kini

ps: Your sight rocks!!![^]

• 1 year later...

Hi Frnds!!!!

I want to take My GMAT next month and would like to get some suggestion from the budding managers...

I took 1 Kaplan test 2 weeks back and got 580 in that. m targeting the score of atleast 750 in the actual exam.

ne idea..if the 1 month time wud b more than sufficient....

well..i know 1 expected answer as well that it totally depends on me that how much effort i can put in this 1 month..:)

I am working and can get 2 Hrs on weekdays..+ full day on weekends..

Any comments are highly appreciated...

Cheers

Arun

• 11 months later...

Guyz!

I too wanna write my GMAT in september, 06. Though I am on the same side as u ppl are, I still wanna discuss a plan with u guyz.

I think the best resource to start with is the OG edition-11. Start with OG, complete it as fast as possible(plz remember to see the solution and description of all the problems no matter u got them right or wrong) Also if u can have the OG Verbal guide do try to solve it. Once u r through with it, go for Kaplan's study material. Meanwhile don't forget to write one issue and one argument analysis on DAILY basis, so that u c'd have the writing practise simultaneously. Kaplna CD-ROM is really good resource. And try to take the study material on topic by topic basis, as in take up the SC(or any other topic of ur choice) devote a whole week on that, finish it off and move on to other toopic. Please note that reading the explaination of the answers in more important in order to understand the trick of the questions.

Friends, I have written this plan for I think this is the plan I could think of for me. Please note that afterall it's one's own plan which works best.

Good luck to all of u(including me..)

Hi Erin and the others....I am giving my GMAT in Sept first week and I have no clue how to go about things...I have had some many conflicting opinions on which strategy to follow, that I decided I'll take your word for it.

What do you suggest is the best plan of action ?

Hi Gautam,

I too am taking up the gmat on sep 21st.

just starting my preparation this weekend.

hopefully we will have lots to discuss in the coming days.

however one note , i dont think barrons is a great book for gmat...try kaplan thats a very popular one

Reji

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
im giving my gmat on the coming 4th of november.. have taken a 2 week break from work..and practised all questions on the gmat review 11th edition and barrons 13th ..also worked on the kaplan and princeton online tests, .. my weakest area seems to be in sentence correction.. cant seem to increase my scores there.. what should i do!?!? am looking for a score of 740 plus but have only reached an average of 680..