Urch Forums

Can unofficial and official score differ?

frosty1308

hi guys,

I cldn’t understand whr I should put this question so I am putting it here.

A couple of days back one my friends took GMAT and scored 44 in quant and 20 in verbal.He is saying that he knew that he screwed in quant since he panicked when he saw the clock indicating that he has exceeded his break by 5 minutes(although he claimed that it would be a stretch to say that anybody can take a break for 15 mins and not knowing that it altogether).

When he started the verbal he said he got all clues such as two science paras,and few very difficult CRs withing the first 20 or so questions, indicating that he is doing well in verbal.but he was devastated when he ended the verbal section and saw the 20 as his verbal score.He is not just able to analyze wht exactly went wrong and now suapecting the software or the faulty unofficial score(?????).

My query is – Can an unofficial and official score differ?or is it possible for the software to err.

Pl share ur experiences and opinions

Thanks

hey, it jus happened to me!!!!

i took a long time happily solving problems and realized i am running out time...i clicked randomly to get thro the test

i am sure i did verbal pretty good but my score turned out to be 40 in quants and 29 in verbal

i know the test is CAT within each section or does it matter that i screwed quants; therefore i was given easy qns in verbal

well i badly need a drink and decided what next....

hi guys,

I cldn’t understand whr I should put this question so I am putting it here.

A couple of days back one my friends took GMAT and scored 44 in quant and 20 in verbal.He is saying that he knew that he screwed in quant since he panicked when he saw the clock indicating that he has exceeded his break by 5 minutes(although he claimed that it would be a stretch to say that anybody can take a break for 15 mins and not knowing that it altogether).

When he started the verbal he said he got all clues such as two science paras,and few very difficult CRs withing the first 20 or so questions, indicating that he is doing well in verbal.but he was devastated when he ended the verbal section and saw the 20 as his verbal score.He is not just able to analyze wht exactly went wrong and now suapecting the software or the faulty unofficial score(?).

My query is – Can an unofficial and official score differ?or is it possible for the software to err.

Pl share ur experiences and opinions

Thanks

hey, it jus happened to me!!

i took a long time happily solving problems and realized i am running out time...i clicked randomly to get thro the test

i am sure i did verbal pretty good but my score turned out to be 40 in quants and 29 in verbal

i know the test is CAT within each section or does it matter that i screwed quants; therefore i was given easy qns in verbal

well i badly need a drink and decided what next....

"i know the test is CAT within each section or does it matter that i screwed quants; therefore i was given easy qns in verbal"

Can anybody throw light on the topic in quotes?