Urch Forums

Help: Need to Get Minimum 60th Percentile for Q Section

iliuh

Hello All,

I thought I would put my story here and see if I would get some advice though many people, including myself, may think it is impossible.

I am re-taking the GMAT on 05/11/2007 (2nd time) and hoping to get a 600 and above score with a minimum 60th percentile for the Quantitative Section.

My first attempt at the GMAT in 01/20/2007 was terrible :(:

Verbal = 25/38%

Quantitative = 32/37%

Total = 480/33%

Analytical Writing = 5.0/73%

I did not prepare much for the GMAT as I was too busy studying for the the GRE that I had taken earlier in the month, and I mistakenly thought I could "piggyback" on the preparation for the GRE for the GMAT (worthless vocabulary did not help me on the GMAT). Big "opps." I ran out of time for both sections on the actual test and ended up not answering about 14 questions in the Quantitative section undone, and around 15 questions in the Verbal section.

My preparation was so lacking that I did not even have the OG book, nor had I even completed a full practice GMAT test before taking the actual thing, and I found that timing was the main issue, followed by problems with the Quantitative questions. Instead

This time round, I am still nervous and honestly I feel a little hopeless... I am working on the OG but I still find that the Quantitative Section is my weak link, and it does not help that I need to get a score in the 60th percentile for this section. Data sufficiency is the worst...

Any advice anyone can give me is greatly appreciated.

hi iliuh,

don't get depressed. my DS was also horrible. it is just practise that makes a man perfect. i would suggest you to solve/analyse as many problems as possible. important thing - analyse each questions. analysis is the only way to improve things. try hard not to repeat a mistake. it will take time but eventually you will overcome.

best way to start is with 1000PS.

and yes, get OG, don't worry about shedding some amount, as it will help you a lot to get a gist of types of questions that you are going to encounter.

best of luck.

aqueel