Urch Forums

2 Weeks until the big day!!

harrydnyc

I will be taking the test on Thursday, September 6th. I am scared out of my mind.

Right now, I am scoring between 640 and 650 on practice exams (MGMAT and GMATPrep). I have gone through the 11th edition of the OG, and most of the 10th edition as well. I am currently going back through the entire 11th edition so that I can fully understand everything (especially on the quant side). Like all of you, I am hoping to break the 700 barrier. My scores are pretty much even. Right around a 40 in both quant and verbal. I figure I need to get my verbal up a couple of points, and my quant up to around a 44 to 45 to get to a 700. I am concentrating on SC in verbal since I think this is the easiest area to improve, and is also my worse section on the verbal.

As far as quant, I am not sure what to do to raise my score other than reviewing the OG 11 and 10. Is it just me, or are the SETS quant sections pretty hard? Are they designed to be that way? I also need to do something about my test anxiety. I get nervous whenever I sit down for one of the practice exams, and I do not want to be that way on test day. Do you guys think it is possible for me to raise my score to the 700 mark in the next two weeks? I have the basics down in quant. I am just getting tripped up on the more difficult questions.

I took off of work the week of the test, so that I could get some real studying done, and right now, I am doing about 3 to 4 hours a night on weekdays, and all day on Saturday and Sunday. I am getting slightly burnt out, but I am going to keep on pushing.

Any advice you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Harry.. I cant say much since I've not done as much as you have. What I can tell you though is a little bit about the mental aspect. (Apologies if you don't need this)

I can swear by this, but the single most important aspect for your GMAT is your attitude. You have to push yourself to be positive and optimistic. These are the 2 key words. Don't let any test depress you or, on the other hand, give you a high. Try and take the positives out of every step in your prep. I've been doing this religiously and it's working for me. It's gonna ensure that you're nerves are with you when you're sitting for the real thing.

If you're not doing it already, 2 weeks is enough to start. Then again, I'm no stud coz I've yet to take my test, but I'll be damned if you don't feel good. :)

My 2 cents...

Harry.. I cant say much since I've not done as much as you have. What I can tell you though is a little bit about the mental aspect. (Apologies if you don't need this)

I can swear by this, but the single most important aspect for your GMAT is your attitude. You have to push yourself to be positive and optimistic. These are the 2 key words. Don't let any test depress you or, on the other hand, give you a high. Try and take the positives out of every step in your prep. I've been doing this religiously and it's working for me. It's gonna ensure that you're nerves are with you when you're sitting for the real thing.

If you're not doing it already, 2 weeks is enough to start. Then again, I'm no stud coz I've yet to take my test, but I'll be damned if you don't feel good. :)

My 2 cents...

This was really inspiring... Hope to recieve such inspiring notes from you on my D day too :)