Urch Forums

HOW to Improve your Reading Comprehension Skills

speedreadinghelp

Dear all,

I was searching for some material related to improving RC skills and I came across this thread by JamesBond007.

This thread is currently closed and does not allow me to download files from the links provided in the post.

Does anyone still have access to these files? If possible could you repost them?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers

HOW to Improve your Reading Comprehension Skills

Hi Guys and Gals,

When I took GMAT first time, I came to know that my biggest weakness lies in Reading Comprehension. URSULA helped me a lot in guiding about how to get maximum from RC questions. I tried to work on those strategies. You all can find those strategies in her one of the post. I will paste here the link later on. But I still found that my main problem is not the comprehension but the speed. Due to slow reading speed, I used to become panic, particularly at the end of test. So I found my main weakpoint. It was slow reading Speed. I did some research on it.

Step - 1: Measure your current Reading Speed.

Go to following Link. Take a Speed Reading Test. If it is less than 200 WPM, then you have to really think of increasing your Reading Speed. But Don't worry. Do not buy any Speed Reading Software. It is very expensive to increase your reading speed. Read my Step2 and Step3 below.

Speed Reading Test Online

Step - 2: How to Improve your Reading Speed.

See my attachments HOW to Increase Speed - I, II, III

Practise daily with those suggestions.

Step - 3: How to Improve your Reading Comprehension.

See my attachment HOW to improve Reading Comprehension.

I will soon add some great articles closely resembling the GMAT level. I have taken them from The ECONOMIST, THE TIME, BBC and many other Websites. But the size is too large to Upload them here. But soon will find the way to do it.

All the best guys.

JamesBond007

Attached Files http://www.www.urch.com/forums/tm_images/attach/doc.gif TIPS FOR INCREASING READING SPEED-I.doc (34.5 KB, 4411 views) http://www.www.urch.com/forums/tm_images/attach/doc.gif TIPS FOR IMPROVING YOUR READING SPEED-II.doc (33.0 KB, 2231 views) http://www.www.urch.com/forums/tm_images/attach/doc.gif TIPS FOR IMPROVING YOUR READING SPEED-III.doc (23.5 KB, 2957 views) http://www.www.urch.com/forums/tm_images/attach/doc.gif How To Improve Reading Comprehension.doc (27.5 KB, 2813 views)

Hi speedreadinghelp,

Thanks a lot for the link Speed Reading Test Online.

I would have never known my reading speed without it... First time It was an awful 177wpm. Then when I have done the speed reading there is an improvement to 288wpm. I think to achieve 1000wpm it takes a lot of time for me.... I will go through the docs which you have attached and get back to you. By the way when are you planning to take the test again???

Any one around with an average reading speed above 500wpm????

Thanks a lot for the help!!!!:)

Comon Admins' May Be Some Other Rules Might Work. See You Are Not Only Wasting My Time Just To Download But Trying To Make Me Post Duplicates...

doesn't make sense. the poster, could you post your files in rapidshare or something. i have to post 25 posts (no sense) when my title itself tells me that i am trying to make my mom and pop proud. stupidest rule i have ever seen. not a smart idea guys. if this kind of practice continues, there must be another forum coming up soon. Admin's save your words, no need to reply.

Comon Admins' May Be Some Other Rules Might Work. See You Are Not Only Wasting My Time Just To Download But Trying To Make Me Post Duplicates... .

The main theme of the rule is that you will be helping others and get help in return. Not to just download files and get away....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm going to close this thread. Too many people have posted their contact information. I've given infractions to many of them. (There are too many for me to give out, as it's very time-consuming to comb through these posts.)

As always, if you have any questions, please post them in the feedback forum.

I can't download the attachments. Can I get these attachments from anywhere else ?
Please search the forums for 'can't download'; you should find that you need to have been a member for a certain period of time (30 days) and have a certain number of posts before you can download. This is also clearly stated in the forum guidelines, which you agreed to when you signed up. (I'm going to reset your rule status, meaning you will need to agree to the rules again.)

I'm going to close this thread now.