Urch Forums

Study Plan - Help Please

hardikrs

I am planning to give my GMAT by end of November/early December so I can apply for Fall 2009 Semester. I am a full time working professional and I want to efficiently utilize my time, to do that I need help to select right study plan and material. This is what I have planned so far, let me know

Step 1: Give Diagnostic test

Step 2: Study KAPLAN - by end of August

Step 3: Take 1-2 KAPLAN tests to review progress

Step 4: Study OG 11 - by end of September

Step 5: Take 1 OG 11 test to review progress

Step 6: Study SETS and 1000 SC, RC, CR - by end of October

Step 7: Give all powerprep, KAPLAN and OG 11 tests - End of November

Is KAPLAN a right choice to start or there are other books?

Should I go with KAPLAN review or KAPLAN 800 - to review all GMAT sections - mainly becuase I am starting with KAPLAN as my first book to review all sections and make a good foundation.

Please let me know if I need to omit anything.

Thank you.

I am planning to give my GMAT by end of November/early December so I can apply for Fall 2009 Semester. I am a full time working professional and I want to efficiently utilize my time, to do that I need help to select right study plan and material. This is what I have planned so far, let me know

Step 1: Give Diagnostic test

Step 2: Study KAPLAN - by end of August

Step 3: Take 1-2 KAPLAN tests to review progress

Step 4: Study OG 11 - by end of September

Step 5: Take 1 OG 11 test to review progress

Step 6: Study SETS and 1000 SC, RC, CR - by end of October

Step 7: Give all powerprep, KAPLAN and OG 11 tests - End of November

Is KAPLAN a right choice to start or there are other books?

Should I go with KAPLAN review or KAPLAN 800 - to review all GMAT sections - mainly becuase I am starting with KAPLAN as my first book to review all sections and make a good foundation.

Please let me know if I need to omit anything.

Thank you.

Hi hardikrs,

Welcome to the Forum..... I think if you lost touch with your verbal, then starting of with Princeton is a good gesture.... Then OG10 and OG11 and anything else you want.... What books do you have?

Thanks for the reply Smartisking. I don't have any books, downloaded OG 10, OG 11 verbal sections, SETS and 1000's SC/RC/CR. I still need KAPLAN 800, Princeton Review, OG 11 (complete).

I am out of touch with verbal, last it was in 2001 when I gave GRE.

My dilemma is which book to start with to build a good foundation and their on increase the difficult level --- I believe OG 11, KAPLAN 800, SETS, 1000's are in increasing difficuly order and will give me good practice, but before that I all my basics clear -- grammer, math (I think i am good at it), etc..

Should I start with OG, Princeton, KAPLAN?

Thanks,

Thanks for the reply Smartisking. I don't have any books, downloaded OG 10, OG 11 verbal sections, SETS and 1000's SC/RC/CR. I still need KAPLAN 800, Princeton Review, OG 11 (complete).

My dilemma is which book to start with to build a good foundation and their on increase the difficult level --- I believe OG 11, KAPLAN 800, SETS, 1000's are in increasing difficuly order and will give me good practice, but before that I all my basics clear -- grammer, math (I think i am good at it), etc..

Thanks,

As far as I think, Princeton gives you a good intro to the verbal part. OG10 and OG11 are really good for Quant and Verbal.... First of all think about brushing up your skills. Then think of difficulty levels.... After All, you can just fly without feathers.(Please don't develop feathers(lol))

Thanks a lot!!!!!:)

Do you have links from where I can download Princeton Review OG11, etc.

I drink Red Bull before I sit down to prep so flying is all part of the prep (lol)

Thanks again for your help.

Hi,

Check out for the Princeton Review on 5GB of free space to upload and share your files, photos, videos and music - eSnips.com ......

Tell me about the Red Bull.... Do we get energized really, as everybody is pointing out....

Regards,

SamratisKing:)

Thanks,

Hi,

I think starting of with Princeton is good for you... That's a best intro source for starters(please be happy to consider urself a starter coz, starters can learn anything, unlike, the exp guys who tend to do only one or two things..)... So what is ur schedule like?

Regards,

Thanks for your input. I havent scheduled my GMAT yet... but plan to give it by end of November/early December.... per your advise I'll start with Princeton and move to KAPLAN, OG and Sets....

If you find Princeton on esnips...let me know.

thanks,

Thanks for your input. I havent scheduled my GMAT yet... but plan to give it by end of November/early December.... per your advise I'll start with Princeton and move to KAPLAN, OG and Sets....

If you find Princeton on esnips...let me know.

thanks,

Hi,

Send me ur mail id..... So that i can post to you.......

Regards,