Urch Forums

Gre score 1280(q=800+v=480)),Founder of search engine

ncrhunt

Guys i know my gre score is low.but please evaluate my profile.

CGPA = 8.73

Got highest marks in mathematics across country in 10+2 level

Summer Internship in National University of Singapore

Co Founder of search engine- City based local search engine with map support.

Selected Universities

Maryland

Purdue

Georgia tech

Texas Austin

Michigan Ann Arbor

CMU

California Berkley

UCLA

Rice

Unv of Southern Caifornia

This seems to be the case with so many people here, they have no clue how they stack up against the competition... Anyway, I'll give this a shot =).

With a 800 on your Math, you're in good shape. The 480 Verbal isn't really too much of an issue, provided you display strong verbal skills in other pieces of your application; for instance your SOP, or the papers you have submitted. For SOP's especially, make sure you find a way to see samples of actual statements, i.e. written and submitted by students that have gotten accepted to the good programs out there (e.g. Berkeley, CMU, Michigan, Gatech etc.), so you have concrete examples of what works.

A friend of mine got accepted to UW's Aerospace program (#14 on US News that year) on a full scholarship with that exact score. Her application was similar to yours in that she'd done research work and was published. And her essay was outstanding. So there's hope!! =)

For schools that are harder, you're going to have to be ready to accept rejections, most notably Cal Berkeley and CMU. The others on the list look good. Pick backup schools as well, just to be sure, i.e. tier 2 schools.

Good luck!