Sponsored Ad: (Join for no ads)

Thread: University of Michigan - Ann Arbor

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No

University of Michigan - Ann Arbor

Sponsored Ad: (Join for no ads)
    I was visiting another graduate school forum website and somebody there said that if you have a blue box on your application status page with the following information, you have already been admitted.
    (Admit Term Academic Career Academic Program Application Nbr Application Date)

Frankly, I think this is wishful thinking because I have had this on my status page since I submitted my application. But I cannot help thinking otherwise.

If you applied to UM - Ann Arbor, please comment. Thanks!

insert something clever

Good post? Yes | No
    I think this aspect must be standard, because it's on mine as well. Here's what the online 'help' says:

Being offered admission is a two-step process, and you are not considered to be offered admission until both steps are accomplished. Decisions and notifications come from two sources:
    1. The graduate program: The graduate program will send a letter or an e-mail to inform you that you have been recommended to Rackham for admission. The graduate program will then communicate their decision to Rackham. Your status on the Web Application status page will remain 'Applicant' at this point. Contact the program for information regarding when decisions will be available.
    2. The Rackham Graduate School: Rackham monitors requirements and procedures and certifies the admission recommendation as appropriate. If the recommendation is certified, Rackham will send a letter or an e-mail to let you know that your admission has been certified and you are being offered admission. Included in this letter is your University of Michigan ID number (U-M ID number). The Web Application Status page will show a statement of admission, and instructions for responding to the offer of admission. Once Rackham receives the recommendation from the program, you will be contacted within 10 business days.
    I accepted admission to UIUC.
    Accepted: Oxford, UIUC
    Rejected: Cornell, Stanford

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No
    I don't think so...the look of my status on the website has not changed since i was notified via email of my acceptance. I think you'll be contacted by email either way.

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    When did you apply? and to what program. Can you please let me know. Thanks.

Good post? Yes | No
    i applied 1/15 for the MA in Modern Middle Eastern and North African Studies program...heard back 3/3 via email from the center for middle eastern studies saying that they recommended me for admission and that i should receive an offical notice from rackham in a few weeks...status of website still hasn't changed.

Good post? Yes | No
    I was recently accepted to the EE(Electrical Engineering) PhD program at Umich. I got the official acceptance from the rackham grad school as described accurately in an earlier post.

I'm still awaiting a financial aid decision though. Is there anybody out there in a similar position....accepted but still awaiting an aid decision? Do they have any insights to share? Are all EE PhD students given some sort of aid? Any info is worthwhile....

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    Anyone else heard from the Mech E departemnt. I don't know what is taking sooooo long!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information