Urch Forums

Got my offers - Not sure which to pick - UPF, UCL, Warwick

Caligula

Hi everybody,

I've been rejected by LSE and accepted into Msc Economics in Pompeu Fabra, UCL and Warwick, no funding. Im also waiting for the catholic univerity of Leuven in which i assume ill be accepted.

I'm tempted to go to Barcelona. The pros are that I love the city and its weather and that the school is very strong in Maroeconomics (my favorite subject). The cons are that I already lived in Spain (Madrid one year, Barcelona 4 months) so it wont be that excitingly new and that im a bit afraid schools in the UK have better international reputation.

On the other hand UCL and Warwick are also very tempting, and Leuven would give me the chance to lern french and be closer to the job market of the european institutions, costing virtually nothing.

Im not sure yet if I want to immediatly take a PHD after the masters or if Id rather work for a couple of years. My ultimate goal is to work at international organizations, IMF, Central Banks, BERD or even in the private sector in the economics department of large banks for instance.

I would like to know what you guys think would be the best option for me, given the goals I have.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Ive already made up my mind ad accepted UPF.

Since Im confident that academically both UPF, UCL and Warwick are at a very good level, i based my decision on other variables.

Two things really influenced my decision, and theyre not academic at all, living in Barcelona vs living in UCL or Warwick and the fact that UPF-GSE has a very international environment so to say (around 85% students from abroad) which is something i really appreciate.

Good luck in your decision making

Cheers