It's exciting for me to think about applying for a PhD in EE focusing on computer architecture for Fall 2011.
Here's my profile summary:
* Working (in the US) as a design engineer for high performance digital signal processors (DSP) at #1 DSP company in the world. (Last 1 Year)
* Worked (in the US) as a design engineer for low power DSP chips at the same company . Instrumental in taping out 2 industry's lowest power consuming chips used widely in portable audio/medical apps. (2.5 Years)
* MS-EE at Clemson Univ, GPA = 3.5, Thesis on digital IC logic breach modeling and verification.
* BS-EE at Andhra Univ (India), GPA ~ 3.7.
* GRE- verbal = 640, quant = 800, AWA = 4.0
Here are the most important questions I've:
1) I'm thinking of applying to UT-Austin and Georgia Tech. These schools offer exactly what I want to do my research on. Are my non-stellar GPA, bad AWA score and lack of published work or research experience (outside my masters thesis) going to be show stoppers for admits to these 2 schools?
2) Is anyone aware of schools that are lower ranked than UT and GT but still have strong overall computer architecture programs? I'd like to apply to at least 4 schools in total to be safe.
Your responses are greatly appreciated.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)