Urch Forums

Need advice for Second Lower Honor guy who wants to pursue Master degree

crazyguy7

Hi,

I have 3 years working experience in finance industry as IT, now I would like to advance in my career so decided to take a master degree in a recognized university. I just realized that most of well recognized universities requires a minimum Second Upper but I only have Second lower Honor, however I had quite good score in Maths, and Quantitative subjects and even have a A grade for the thesis, do some research with 2 professors and have one paper published. Do I stand for a chance? Or they will reject me straight away since I do not meet their minimum requirement? I really need for an advice.

Thanks for your time

Your selection depends on your GRE, TOEFL, LORs, SOP, GPA. Its a complete package so a Second Lower class doesnt eliminate you as a potential candidate. What course are you planning to pursue?

CONTACT DETAILS DELETED BY MODERATOR. Please use Test Magic messaging system.

Edited by wasleys

Are you interested in MBA- Finance or MS? LOR is Letter of recommendation and SOP is Statement of Purpose. Did you give GRE or GMAT or TOEFL already?

CONTACT DETAILS DELETED BY MODERATOR. Please use Test Magic messaging system.

Edited by wasleys

So you want to do MBA in finance. Your TOEFL score is upto the mark. Most universities have requirement between 80 to 90. As a counselor, I would say that it is kind of mandatory for you to get a score of 650-700 on GMAT. This might overlook your second Lower Honor.