I am planning to apply PHD or MS in EE/CS for 13 fall admission. And I prefer UCs due to many personal reasons ( love California)
Followed is my profile and any suggestion is appreciated!
Type of Undergrad: Bachelor in EE out of US
Undergrad GPA: 3.5-3.6 / 4.0
Type of Grad: N/A
Grad GPA: N/A
GRE: Quantitative 99%, Verbal 51%, and AW 11% (new GRE)
TOFEL: having test in Aug, probably about 100, i think
Academics : N/A
working experience : 10 year R&D experience on embedded system development. Working mainly in Fortune 100 companies and top consulting companies.
Letters of Recommendation: All from present and ex- employers
1. My current manager , who is 2nd line manager ,native and located in US.
2. Department Head of my previous company(world top consulting company)
3. Not decided yet, maybe current counterpart in US or ex-boss. Pls also advise.
Teaching Experience: N/A but holding many training sessions in my current companies and ex
Research Experience: 10+ R&D embedded system development on telecommunication devices, automotive devices, hand-held devices
Research Interests: LSI design, FPGA design, high speed device , automotive device and etc.
- lack of academic achievement since mainly working for business in my past 10 years.
- GRE score especially verbal and aw are bad
- Will PHD be too long for me? since i am not too young now. I prefer to stay in research for my rest of career and also I feel MS might not be challenging for me.
6. UC DAVIS
Any suggestion is appreciated!
Thanks and Regards