Urch Forums

LSE vs GSE vs MIT

anthony889

Dear all, I am facing a very hard decision. I am a phd candidate in economics, I won a scholarship that finance a year of study in a top university. I got accepted to three programs:

1) GSE Master in Macroeconomic Policy and Financial Markets

2) LSE Visiting Research Student

With this program I have the possibility of working to my research project and at the same time attend 4 full courses (equivalent to a master). This is a non-degree program

3) MIT - Advanced Study Program. This is a non-degree program that allows to attend 6 to 8 courses at the MIT.

What would you do?

The econ board on this site will be more likely to provide good feedback: PhD in Economics

The answer depends on what your goals are and where you currently study.

If you are already getting a PhD, then I don't think whether or not it offers a degree should matter much to you.

Also, I am a little confused because it looks like you were looking into starting a masters at a couple of these schools this fall: http://www.www.urch.com/forums/graduate-admissions/156910-master-career-financial-institution-gse-vs-lse-vs-ucl.html#post999647

Yes you're right, I made a similar question few months ago but than the options have changed. I have excluded the GSE and need to decide between the two programs at the MIT and LSE. While the first is 6 time more expensive than the second, the two options are very similar.

At the moment I am inclined toward the LSE (because of stimulating environment and the better network it would give me, given that I will probably look for a job in Europe after the phd) but I can't figure out how big is the gap between the two universities.