Urch Forums

GRE Score 319 (V:158, M:161): need information about MS in Data Science Programs

KrishnaSandeep

Hi,

My GRE score is 319 (V:158, M:161). I am a Software Engineer with 6+ years of experience and have a CGPA of 7.98/10 in B.Tech, Computer Science. I am interested in pursuing MS in Data Science in the US. I have looked up the MSIM Program in Carnegie Melon University and it looks very interesting and matches with my careers goals. Looking at the incoming student profile for the past three years in CMU I think I have a chance of getting into this course, of course provided if I make a good profile. I am also looking at other Data Science Programs in University of Southern California, Santa Clara University and Stanford(though Stanford is out of reach with this score I believe).

Has someone enrolled to MSIM program in CMU? If yes, could you please evaluate my profile, with the details given above, and let me know if this profile is good enough for CMU? I know no one can tell for sure, but just a quick look and feedback on the profile will help me to decide if I have to go for another round of GRE. Kindly help if you have any information.

My AWA score is yet to be published.

Regards,

Krishna Sandeep

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

My GRE score is 319 (V:158, M:161). I am a Software Engineer with 6+ years of experience and have a CGPA of 7.98/10 in B.Tech, Computer Science. I am interested in pursuing MS in Data Science in the US. I have looked up the MSIM Program in Carnegie Melon University and it looks very interesting and matches with my careers goals. Looking at the incoming student profile for the past three years in CMU I think I have a chance of getting into this course, of course provided if I make a good profile. I am also looking at other Data Science Programs in University of Southern California, Santa Clara University and Stanford(though Stanford is out of reach with this score I believe).

Has someone enrolled to MSIM program in CMU? If yes, could you please evaluate my profile, with the details given above, and let me know if this profile is good enough for CMU? I know no one can tell for sure, but just a quick look and feedback on the profile will help me to decide if I have to go for another round of GRE. Kindly help if you have any information.

My AWA score is yet to be published.

Regards,

Krishna Sandeep

Hi Krishna,

If I may suggest that you should also look for the same course in Western Europe. Given data science as a new program, in many universities across US and Europe, there wouldn't be much difference on the academics front. European universities can be your safety schools.

Best Regards,

Sam