Urch Forums

Univ of Michigan,Ann Arbor

Neha

yes .... dec 15 was the dealine to be considered for financial aid .........

without aid ..u tell me ..how's it ..i mean it must be tough b'coz its in top 10 ....

one thing more ..what does univ like austin ,ann arbor,maryland(college park) look for ppl ...GRE /proj/reco....recommenders or recommendations ?

"recommenders or recommendations ... ???? Surely Recommendations ... we can not send recommenders in DHL packets rite ... :) ... kidding"

i meant that the ppl /teachers from whom we r getting recos shud be some good researchers...shud have some papers etc etc ..

without aid ..u tell me ..how's it ..i mean it must be tough b'coz its in top 10 ....

one thing more ..what does univ like austin ,ann arbor,maryland(college park) look for ppl ...GRE /proj/reco....recommenders or recommendations ?

It might seem astonishing but it's true that it is relatively simpler to get admitted to UMAA compared to other top notch colleges like UTA, Wisc etc. (ofcourse, UCB & Stan are in a different league altogether)

UTA and UMCP strongly recommend the AGRE...one has to be a Turing Award winner to get into UTA w/o the AGRE..:)

no gforce thats what i got... astonishing ...yes

That sucks man...I can easily beat many of these so called IIT studs in various academic realms...sheesh!

It might seem astonishing but it's true that it is relatively simpler to get admitted to UMAA compared to other top notch colleges like UTA, Wisc etc. (ofcourse, UCB & Stan are in a different league altogether)

UTA and UMCP strongly recommend the AGRE...one has to be a Turing Award winner to get into UTA w/o the AGRE..:)

That sucks man...I can easily beat many of these so called IIT studs in various academic realms...sheesh!

it does... but thats the way it is...

Anyways u r berkeley stuff gForce...Wishes for u..:)

PS. : Turing Award ... has 'turing' something to do with the (in)famous Turing machines we used to study... :)

it does... but thats the way it is...

Anyways u r berkeley stuff gForce...Wishes for u..:)

PS. : Turing Award ... has 'turing' something to do with the (in)famous Turing machines we used to study... :)

Had I known my AGRE scores, I would have definitely applied to Stan :( :(...*almost crying at the moment*

But I definitely avow that it will be my greatest accomplishment ever if I get into UCB...:)

Turing Awards have been constituted in the memory of Dr. Alan Turing...regarded as the king of modern CS..

These awards are considered as the Nobel Prize for Computer Science...don't worry mate, there is no TA winner lurking around...:)

May u get one of wat u love. ( refer Gs sign)

yeah UMich is a great school alrite. Home to many nobel laureates and some teriffic research work happening. But guys who get into UMichAA need not have great profiles(compare Gs, gauravas or cooldudes) Like i mentioned b4, a senior of mine with 20** (GRE old pattern) and top 10% got an admit into UMichAA(no aid). It's only second to Stan, MIT, CMU , UCB and the likes. So, if u have the money and a decent score sheet, getting into won't be a big deal i guess.

Cheers

adonis

I got a reply "We have enough applications from IITians" ...
Quite incredible that they gave such an absurd reply considering the fact that there are people from Mumbai University known to have gone to UMich.

I dont think there is a realistic chance of getting an admit with aid in UMich. But aid is a common phenomenon once you go there. It is a risk all right, but I guess UMich is worth it. Also the living expenses in UMich can be a real pain .....

It might seem astonishing but it's true that it is relatively simpler to get admitted to UMAA compared to other top notch colleges like UTA, Wisc etc
I agree with gforce here. Even though UMich has one of the best CS programs around, the research there is not considered to be as good as that of UTA or Wisc. However, UMich is a perfect place for MS because of excellent placements ..... it is ranked high in almost all departments and also has a top MBA school. BTW, gforce, you know it is not that difficult to get into Stanfy for an MS. The reason being, not many IITians apply to places where chances of getting aid for an MS are very bleak. IITians apping to Stanfy usually go for the PhD there.

To an extent, this applies to all universities with high costs ........

BTW, gforce, you know it is not that difficult to get into Stanfy for an MS. The reason being, not many IITians apply to places where chances of getting aid for an MS are very bleak. IITians apping to Stanfy usually go for the PhD there.

To an extent, this applies to all universities with high costs ........

That's gonna make him cry harder :(

adonis