Urch Forums

GPA: American MS vs Foreign undegrade ?

Just having a simple question.

I'm in the process of getting my MS in chemistry from the american university and have GPA of 4.0 here. This university is far away from the top, but still having some research capabilities and good proffs.

Also, I've got my BS from the one of the best university in my native country, but has considerably low GPA in it (about 3.2). Which on is more important for my ambitious plan of applying for Ph.D. in some of the best US schools ?

Does anybody have the similar expirience ?

Any help is appreciated,

Cheers.

I am applying some famous schools. I am studying EE in Ohio State University with 4.00 GPA and I got my bachelor degree in Hong Kong. I am a RA of OSU. I hope I can get some offers this year. So far I only get some rejections: UCLA, MIT Berkeley.

Pending: Caltech, UCSD, Umich, Gatech, Stanford

I am applying some famous schools. I am studying EE in Ohio State University with 4.00 GPA and I got my bachelor degree in Hong Kong. I am a RA of OSU. I hope I can get some offers this year. So far I only get some rejections: UCLA, MIT Berkeley.

Pending: Caltech, UCSD, Umich, Gatech, Stanford

OOps, nice list ! Don't lose your courage - you stil have very good schools in your waiting list !