Urch Forums

Need advice on grad school!

dimitar

Hi all!!!

I recently took the GRE General test - 790 math, 670 verbal and 4.5 essay :doh: ...

I dont intend to retake it because the most I could raise the score would be 10-20 pts which would not be worth it. Now I graduated last year from a small/unknown college (3.97 gpa). I am applying for a computer science degree - can someone give me some advice as to some grad schools that would accept me in light of those scores and also give me a good assistantship that would possibly cover all costs :tup:!!

I've already applied at Virginia Tech which is close by and their computer science program ranks in the top 30 ... I could probably do better but Im already late for financial help so Im just looking for a backup plan!

Thanks for any of your input!

Your choice for VirginiaTech is wise. Your scores are excellent so why look glum??

Financial aid is hard to get this year.

Do not give the exam again.

Thanks for the encouragement awhig! I applied at VT late Dec and still awaiting reply so thats why I started looking at some "backups" ... especially now that you mention financial aid is hard to get I'll definitely start searching more actively!

Again thanks for your input!