Urch Forums

Bad GRE Score

futuros345

Hi everybody. I'm trying to apply to a masters progam for spring 2006 in electrical engineering. My undergrad GPA in computer engineering at SUNY Stony Brook was 3.23/4.00. My GRE score is Q: 800 V: 560 A: 3.5. I thought I did well on the analytical section, but I guess the graders thought otherwise. Do you think I have to retake the GRE because of my analytical score? And what universities do you think I should apply to? Thank you.

as far as i know , unless u wanna do creative writing or something, ur analytical writing does not matter... 3.5 is an average score ... i would say dont risk ur quant score..actually i was in a dilemma too about whether i need to take up gre again ....got 580 in verbal but really dont wanna risk the 800 in quant... when u decide on the course u want , why dont u go to the universities web site and find out if they have a specification on analytical... i remember seeing 3.5 for most of them