Urch Forums

How to convert GPA 10.0 into 4.0 scale systems?

Nothingness

Hi everybody!

Converting GPA into 4.0 scale system is one of necessary steps when we apply to graduate program in US. I searched in this forum for this conversion. But I didn't found converting into 4.0 from 10.0 scale systems! :(

I would like to convert into 4.0 from 10.0 scale sysems. I also asked graduate school for this. They said that I do not need to worry about conversion. There are different ways and charts it all depends on many factors such as what your School and Country are, what is on transcripts... But we do not know those. :D I also sent them my transcripts by email but they did not receive it. If we know those we can calculate our GPA and change Graduate Program which we have enough conditions to be admitted before doing unnecessary things (charge for application fee, mail fee for sending transcripts, and many things like that!) :crazy:

If you have free time and you know how to convert into 4.0 from 10.0 scale systems, can you calculate it for me? I attached my transcripts on this post? My GPA is 6.75/10. :) My undergraduate school is University of Natural Sciences - Vietnam National University, my major is chemistry. And if possible, can you tell me how to convert it? If you need any additional information, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Best wishes! :)

• 7 years later...
  • 2 years later...
Hi everybody!

Converting GPA into 4.0 scale system is one of necessary steps when we apply to graduate program in US. I searched in this forum for this conversion. But I didn't found converting into 4.0 from 10.0 scale systems! :(

I would like to convert into 4.0 from 10.0 scale sysems. I also asked graduate school for this. They said that I do not need to worry about conversion. There are different ways and charts it all depends on many factors such as what your School and Country are, what is on transcripts... But we do not know those. :D I also sent them my transcripts by email but they did not receive it. If we know those we can calculate our GPA and change Graduate Program which we have enough conditions to be admitted before doing unnecessary things (charge for application fee, mail fee for sending transcripts, and many things like that!) :crazy:

If you have free time and you know how to convert into 4.0 from 10.0 scale systems, can you calculate it for me? I attached my transcripts on this post? My GPA is 6.75/10. :) My undergraduate school is University of Natural Sciences - Vietnam National University, my major is chemistry. And if possible, can you tell me how to convert it? If you need any additional information, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Best wishes! :)

You can find some basic conversion from Vietnamese 10-point to the U.S. 4-point system here at the U.S. Embassy's site.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/vietnam/8621/pdf-forms/VN-Grading-System.pdf

In practice, most U.S. universities will only convert A, B, C, D, F grades, and will not consider A+, B+, C+, etc...

If you have High School grades, you'll have to use a slightly higher scale grade conversion. You can find some updated information here on the wiki.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_grading_in_Vietnam?veswitched=1

Good luck on your study.