Urch Forums

admission decisions

Mazdni

Hey there Mazdni,:)

Try checking with them ( websites etc...) that's the only way to have a guaranteed correct response. I'm guessing you've applied to them all...

Sometimes admission decisions are deylayed due to reasons beyond their control, the most important thing from all this is contact them regarding more info.

Best of Luck!

hey Mazdni !

for UUSLC, I think they let out admits frm the second week of march. I apped in november for MS there, got this news frm a prof.

dont know how valid it is or how well the prof knows abt admission process. jus FYI !

btw, for what program have u applied there n when ?

with reg. to JHU, my frnd has got an admit !

cheerz !

Dude I m also waiting for JHU, I apped for Phd CS thr.

till now I just got one mail frm thm and tht too for my GRE score which dint reached thm so they asked it in email.

sunxcat, if one dont get an email frm university thn does tht means reject or r rejects also communicated thru mail just like an admit.

ur friend is certainly very fortunate to get an admit into JHU phd CS coz its among the best in US. Sum guy told me tht JHU recieves around 2000 apps much more thn any univ, with MIT getting around 1000 apps. No wonder they dont pay US News much and end up at lower ranking.

Hi Vinay !

Generally, rejects are also communicated thru mail jus like admits !

but, some universities dont send rejection letters to applicants. Last year, one of my seniors applied to USC, Rutgers, Purdue, UCI. Annoyingly, he got it all wrong ... all rejects. And none were intimated to him. He called up the schools to hear the bad news !!!!!

But, this is not the general case. Mostly, rejections are also intimated to applicants. But I guess we dont want to hear rejects, rite :) ??!!

cheerz !

Thanks everyone for the info.

Sunxcat,

I applied to the MS program in University of Utah, SaltLake city (in the School of Computing). I applied there in Dec 2003. And can you give any more information about your friend who got into the CS department at JHU. Was it the PhD program and when did your friend get to know about it. You would be doing a great favour, if you can give this info.

thtz great Mazdni ! I dont have an active contact with my frnd as of now...sorry abt tht ! only thing I know is tht, he got an admit at JHU. But, FYI, he is a real geek ! a cool GRE score of 1490, TOEFL 290, tse 55, class topper, has 4 international research publications, 2 good internships, almost an year of industry experience in an R&D !!

If I get to know more, ill keep u updated. Since, uve also apped to uuslc, it would b really nice if u could share yur profile with me !

cheerz :) !

My profile is :

GRE : 1420/1600 (760Q, 660V, 4.5 AWA)

TOEFL : 297/300 (6.0 TWE)

Six months of research experience (no publications)

BTW Sunxcat, what is your profile ? Also you seem to have some inside track to UUSLC, as you mentioned about some prof there telling you about the admission decisions being sent out in March.

I thought the School of Computing, UUSLC would make its decisions a little earlier as you are supposed to apply to the University of Utah, once you get admitted into the School of Computing.

I am getting a little edgy, as I have not heard from any universities and I did not apply to any safety schools. I hope I make it to UUSLC.

hey !

We've got very similar scores. Ive got 1420 in the gre, 300 in the toefl. One international publication, currently working for Microsoft.

I dont have any inside track with the univ. , but I jus tried to get in touch with a prof or two, which might help me in finding an assistantship. this guy, who got me this info, do not generally reply !!

but, still, I had my qs to him in a way tht he doesnt feel troubled n finally it worked ! and yeah...u r right, v need to apply to UUtah after tht, and I too feel tht mid-march is very late !!!!

Letz hope for the best and the earliest !!!

cheerz !