Urch Forums

another essay, please rate

spootnik

"Technology creates more problems than it solves, and may threaten or damage the quality of life."

In an era where technological inventions are witnessed everyday, there are questions raised as to whether theses inventions are solving our problems or

are they creating even more problems.Evolution from stone- age to current age which can be said as electronic age, technology has solved our

problems of faster communication and also has made communication available everywhere as well as is making life faster with everything possible by

means of push-switch.

The invention of electricity has literally taken us out of the dark. Instead of relying on stones to make fire, we can easily access electricity only by means of a switch. Communication has also advanced by leaps and bounds.Telephones themselves were thought of as a great invention.But they have also been improved and we have mobile phones now so that we can communicate wherever we are.The e-mail has made it possible to send messages across the globe in a flash, thus eliminating the huge time taken previously by snail mails.

Besides communication and electricity, space technology has also been a blessing.Due to it's advancement we are alerted about the asteroids in

advance.For example, if the location of the falling of an asteroid is found to be a highly populated area, then people can be evacuated from the area,

thus saving lives.The occurence of eclipses are also informed already in advance so that people can go out with their glasses and thus protect

themselves from eye-abnormalities.

Security has also become an easy option thanks to technology.The invention of burglar alarms and hidden tiny cameras have added to the improvement

in security.Large museums containing priceless antiques are prone to thefts, but thanks to the inventions, it is difficult for the thief to perform robbery.

Many sting operations have also been performed with the help of the these cameras which have led to the exposure of politicians accepting bribes, thus

bringing out their true colors in the public.

But just as every coin has 2 sides, the use of these inventions can also cause problems for some people. The computer which is very important for many people, can be hacked, thus resulting in exposure of private information.For example, one of my friends had her credit card no. stored in her computer, but her computer was hacked and hence the hackers became aware of her credit card no. and spent whooping amount of money using that

number.The means for expanding our social circle has become social networking sites. But there have been many instances where one can come across dangerous people. Also becaause these sites are open to everybody,the display of one's photo can be misused by some punks which can seriously harm one's social reputation.

The cameras which can be used to keep an eye to prevent robbery were also reported to be found in trial rooms of some malls. The videos of these

were then uploaded on the internet, thus invading privacy.

So should we stop using technology?Should we go back to the stone age where everything was plain and simple.If carefully observed no technlogical

invention is bad.Everything depends on how we use it?It depends in whose hands is it in?We have an obligation to the society we are living in. It is not

good to repay it by misusing or harming other's reputation. Instead, we should make use of technolgy to improve our society and keep it safe and

sound.

• 1 month later...

Personally, I would state my position on this argument in the introduction as opposed to the conclusion. You have several grammatical errors so keep an eye for that. I would also avoid the use of colloquial terms like "whooping" and "punk" though I can't say for certain whether it matters, there are definitely more professional ways to phrase them.

You touch on the fact that technology is subject to the will of whomsoever uses it and I think this is an important point that you could have elaborated on. It's not the technology that is inherently bad, rather it is our abuses of it.

Hope that helps! Good luck :)