Urch Forums

The best way to learn a new subject or skill is to study small segments.

FAFA

"The best way to learn a new subject or skill is to study small segments or details in great depth rather than to start by trying to develop a sense of the whole."

The issue asserts that the best mean of studying is studying step by step, trying to fathom all the peculiarities and details. I agree with the statement, and I strongly believe that it is true whether studying matters technical disciplines, arts, or developing some skills. I have several examples to prove my poing of view.

To begin with, I consider that studying of each subject requires a profound understanding of each part of the subject. For instance, an individual can not learn geometry without consequent studying of the simpliest notions, such as angles, lines, and segments. Day by day a student gets understanding of geometry's basic rules, and can increase his knowledge by learning such topics as analytical geometry or trigonometry. A person can not determine the volume of a cube if he doesn't know how a cube looks like. Any knowledge begins with basic rules. Only constant studying of different segments of any subject can provide a thorough understanding of subject as a whole. Furthermore, the same can be said about studying any discipline, not just technical one. Studying music begins with playing gammas, drawing can not exist without a knowledge of proper colours combining.

Moreover, obtaining any skill also needs practicing different parts of one skill. For instance, before a person becomes a driver, he has to study a lot. An individual has to understand the major principles of car movement, learn how to move a wheel in order to turn into right direction, how to use shift or automat,etc. Learning how to read a book makes a child first learn the whole alphabet, try to combine different letters in order to get words, learn to read out, and only after that get a understanding how to read properly.

Thus, I can conclude that any knowledge or skill, whether it is studing mathematics or studying such creative subject as drawing, requires understanding of little pieces of a whole subject. Only combining these pieces, like creating a huge puzzle, provides a person a deep understanding of subject or skill.:hmm:

Hi,

Your essay is comprehensive with abundant examples.

However I would suggest giving more attention towards short and concise sentence formation. Some of your sentences are runaway sentences and can be logically constructed while articulating the point.

Overall your essay is quite assertive

Thanks and Regards

Joy