Urch Forums

plzzzzzzzz advise

tans

as from what I have read, I feel that it does not matter which stand you take as long as you do not support it with a fanatical zeal. Keep into account that not everyone will support your viewpoint. So even if you choose to agree or disagree, ackowledging that other contrasting ideas do exist can be really beneficial.

Well, believe me, its not take tough....I can say that for sure as I myself was dreading this part.I am scheduled to give my test on 2nd October and kept on postponing preparing for this part . And then the reality struck. I have to do it now or never!! So yesterday night summed up the courage to take the first step. I had read the theoretical parts from books. Do that first , then go through the powerprep solved examples and read the comments for the answers. Don't let the matter of high ranking answers boggle you down.

By this time you would have a rough type of idea about the approach you would like to take towards writing any essay.then set your heart on any one topic. read about what others have written about it. this gives u chance to gather some ideas ,so that you are not faced with the writers block with your very first composition. take time then to organise your ideas,but try to typre down the composition in limited time. After your first essay, you will be able to judge yourself-whether you need more time to get ideas or to type. Do not attempt to think on a lot of topics at once.Just read a topic at a time and then go about doing other work,and see ideas strinking your mind.Jot them as they come and when structured enough,type in some more compositions. I myself may not be able to practice writing a lot,but I will at least try to do some clusteing(idea catching)for as many as I can.

All the best.when is your exam date?

Well, based on my experience (both in GRE and in real life!), the best and the most realistic point of view is a relative one. Even the most seemingly foulish statement might hold true in certain situations, and the most convincing arguments might shatter in some other places. So, avoid absolute agreement/disagreement and while you're explaining the reasons for your perspective on the issue, point out that there might be some compromises... By the way, I took the exam last month and got a 5.5, which most probably means that I scored 5.0 on Issue and 6.0 on argument... You see that even my suggestion should not be absolutely correct;)... Well, that's the way life goes I suppose!

Good luck on your prep.

hi rashmi

thanxxx for ur encouragement. i m on the same boat as my exam is on 7th oct. so i shall have to start by now. u r right as 6 pointer essays in powerprep r too hi-fi and not of my standard.

mazyr, thanxx for ur idea. i also think, i should not go for complete agreement or disagreement as then i shall be able to add more points

Tans,

After much delibration ,I managed to pen down an essay but realise that on this forum, hardly anyone has time to read and comment on others essays. Not that I am complaining,since I am on the same boat. But I was thinking,since your test date corresponds roughly to mine, can you comment on my essay. If you can ,let me know,i will post it. I am ready to do the same for you.

Hi Tans and Rashmi,

I am in the same boat with you as I have my GRE on 3rd Oct, and I too have been procrastinating for too long, before practising any writing. Now, we all have to bite the bullet, and get our hands real dirty.

I propose, we all pool our efforts together. I would love to comment on your attempts (my two penny's worth :)), and will appreciate it if you take out the time to rate mine.

For starters, you can find my two essays (so far, the only ones I managed to pen down :() at http://www.www.urch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1788 and at http://www.www.urch.com/forums/sho...38&page=2&pp=15 .

Let's rock together :tup: