Urch Forums

The best way to teach whether as an educator, employer, or parent.... negative ones.

Hina Ali

Teaching is a profession which involves imparting of knowledge to students. There are different methods of teaching and learning. There are different ways to impart knowledge. Scientific advancement has also led to the discovery of different methods of learning and teaching. One way to teach is through reward and praising positive actions. An example can be found in teaching kids. In order to make them learn positive incentive in the form of reward is given at the end of the task or they are told before the task about the reward. In this way kids are motivated towards more learning through this reward and positive action. This method has been studied by psychologists and more research is being made regarding this method. Another term that is often used for praising positive action and ignoring negative ones is also called “carrot and stick” policy. This policy is often employed between the states in their foreign relations. For example USA often follows carrot and stick policy. Carrot means to give reward at the end of positive actions. And sticks means giving punishment incase of negative actions. Between countries carrot and stick policy is followed by giving donations and other incentives and sticks by blocking trade relations or banning their goods for import or export. In teaching if this method is followed for praising positive action and ignoring the negative one I think it is a good way to make students learn. Motivating students incase of a positive action and ignoring the negative actions. This method is also used by psychologists and is called learning through inhibition and motivation. Praising good efforts will motivate students to involve in further positive actions. Whereas while involving in negative ones stick policy is not applicable rather simply ignoring the behavior of the kid is a better response in this regard. Kindly rate this issue topic and let me know what changes need to be made in order to make this essay better.

• 1 month later...

Hi Madam :

1. You did not define your thesis ..

2. Your paragraphs are not defined

3. I thing you describe only body of issue

I have learnt more from this practice so if you want to study with me so contact me at

Moderator edit: Your contact information (or request for contact information) has been removed for your own protection and to conform with forum rules. Please use the PM system to contact forum members (Quick link: Send a PM). For more information, please see the forum rules. If you have any questions at all, please ask us in the feedback forum. :)

I am going to give GRE in Jan, 2013