Urch Forums

Please help me with my AW by correcting my articles...(pls rate it out for 6)

TOPIC : Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.

An illness is an indication which shows the need for attention towards health.Though regular nourishment of body is required, an illness will make us more conscious and make sure that we take required measures.Similarly scandals help us intensify our motivation towards solving a problem more than a reformers social awareness program.So I support that scandal are not just good indicators of problems but also help enforce the required laws more easily.

Every man is drawn into his own problems for winning his daily bread and thus bound to give a back seat for issues like social problems, which needs to take a larger perspective of society into consideration.Especially in current scenario ,where people find it difficult to find time for themselves and their family, they would be least interested to pay attention to social problems.They prefer to go along with them as long as their needs are satisfied and system continues to work Therefore when a reformers tries to ignite the fire for fighting against the social issues the response would be minimal or nil.

But on other hand a scandal is a symbol of complete failure of a system.Thus when such scandals come into light the reaction will be maximum.Even the media gives importance to a problem when a scandal is out, even though the problem has been an issue that many social reformers are trying to address through various social forums.

This can be best explained through a recent example of 2-G scandal in India.Though corruption is a problem that India has been facing from a very long time and many social leaders have been fighting against it, no great response from people at large to implement suitable reforms was found.But when a scandal like 2-G scam where trillions of public money was misused, the problem got great attention from people of all sections of society.Anna Hazare, who has been fighting for many years against corruption, yet unknown to many, became the voice of nation and gained high respect for his acts, with outbreak of the scandal.And also the government started to take necessary measures against corruption.

Not only that scandals bring to light many unknown issues which are the root causes of the problem or some times they raise new problems that actually need attention of public.So I would reinstate my point how a scandal is more effective to solve an issue.