Urch Forums

Hello Please rate my Practive Analysis of an Issue Essay

ca9cousin

Some people believe that corporations have a responsibility to promote the well-being of the societies and environments in which they operate. Others believe that the only responsibility of corporations, provided they operate within the law, is to make as much money as possible.

Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own position and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should address both of the views presented.

In these modern days, big corporations are a huge part of society, because they give jobs to a majority of people within a country. Corporations should always consider achieving social responsibility and positive environmental objectives in order to succeed in what they always want to achieve, bigger profits.

There are many ways in which a company can help a society evolve. One of the most important ways is by educational programs; these programs could start when childrens´ employees are taken to a nursery, which belongs to the company, in order to be taken care of for the whole day. In this way, there a trust relation with the employee, which may be feel secured and even loved by the company, thus, become a more productive person each day, in this way, it a win-win relationship. Another important aspect to consider, is that if a company helps the environment, it can attract new markets. In these days, many people want to live in a healthy environment, and favors companies that help to maintain it.

Companies need to make all the money they can in order to maintain jobs and expand, however they can not only be money driven. If they are only interested in their profits, their employees can live under a lot stress, especially if goals are not reached, and therefore, loyalty to the company can be lost, and people could only last a few couple of years. ¨

In general, companies have to maintain a balance between being profit driven and social driven, and I think their only way to be completely successful is to support society by achieving social responsibility and environmental goals, in that way; they will obtain much bigger profits.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

There are few problems that I can point out.

1- Introduction: It should begin with something general and then slowly get into detail.

For example, you could say:

In recent years, large corporations have became integrated part of the society. They create employment opportunities; provide training for inexperienced graduates and sponsor for major events. Some people with shallow perspectives could question the benefit and the necessity of these activeities and consider them to be fuitle. However, it is widely accpeted that promoting the well-being of the societis and environments have a direct positive impact on the perception of a company. As a result it could help them promote their products or assist them during the financial difficulties.

2- If you are considering two irrelevant points, they should be in different paragraphs (your second paragraph).

And finally I do think that your essay is too short.

Other than that you get your message across and it is relatively easy to follow.

Good luck.

p.s : English is not my first language, so if you think my points are not justified ignore them.