Urch Forums

Please score my issue task

This is my first attempt at an issue task . Please score it and advise me on things I need to improve upon . Thank you .

Topic : Some people believe that strong relationships can only develop after conflict and resolution have enabled the partners to speak openly and trust deeply . Others belive that each conflict create rifts in a relationship that can never be repaired,weakening its foundation .

Directions : write a response in which you determine which view bears the closest resemblance to your own . In justifying your reasoning and supporting your position , be sure to include your reaction in both the views presented.

response :

Disagreements in a relationships are inevitable . It is inevitable that there will be times of sadness , tension or outright anger between two persons because all human beings are different in their own way and think differently . However , disagreements, if constructively resolved can actually strengthen the relationship .

Communication is the fundamental requirement for establishing a solid relationship with your partner . You need to tell him/her of what you think and what are your opinions . There will be conflicts ,of course , if the other person doesn't think the same way as you do; however you atleast know what the other person's point of view is and then move forward to resolve the issue . Conflicts on topics also encourages them to work together in finding a better solution for the problem . It also helps in understanding each other better and bridges the communication gap that existed . Conflicts offers relief to the person who has been bottling up his opinions when he doesnt agree to something .

However there are cases where conflicts create rifts and end up in a bitter relationship . The only reason for this is a lack of understanding between the partners and a trust deficit who are unable to resolve the issue through mutual consent . A strong relationship can only be developed between partners who place trust in each other and respect each other's decision . Every problem can be sorted out with discussion and if for some reason the solution can't be reached then there might be an inherent problem in the relationship itself . These conflicts might result in the separation of partners or a wounded relationship that can never be repired .

Whether this conflicts are beneficial or harmful to the two parties depend upon the maturity levels of the two individuals . Regardless of the outcome a person should always tell his opinions to the other in case of a conflict rather than suffer in silence and feeling sorry later for not standing up . After all a relationship in which one partner has the say and the other doesn't have the courage to speak openly about his/her thoughts is not healthy in the first place .

Hi samidh! Though I'm novice at writing, I'll give a try. Do not take my observations as perfect analysis. Here is what I think:

I think your stand for the argument is not strongly expressed in your essay. You have two paragraphs apart from introduction and conclusion. One seems to agree with the first option and the next para. agrees to the alternate option. I think you should add at least one more paragraph that will clarify/strengthen your stand by taking side of one specific option.

It also helps in understanding each other better and bridges the communication gap that existed . Conflicts offers relief to the person who has been bottling up his opinions when he doesnt agree to something .

I think, you should back up these statements by explanations and examples. Your essay does not cite any example. It is better to add at least one example in each paragraph.

However there are cases where conflicts create rifts and end up in a bitter relationship .

You could mention some of such cases.

You could have discussed the case of conflict and its effect on relationship (by taking one specific side most of the time) from different perspectives, e.g, conflict between parents and children, teacher and student, husband and wife, colleagues etc.

Good luck!