Urch Forums

Please evaluate my essay

Topic: People work more productively in teams than individually. Teamwork requires cooperation, which motivates people much more than individual competition does.

A famous proverb states "united we stand,divided we fall". According to the author, teamwork is more productive than working individually.Team work requires cooperation and motivates people which lead to better productivity. I concede with the author and think that author's opinion is fundamentally correct.

A lot of companies today support teamwork instead of individual work.Given a project, each individual has different perspective towards it.Each individual employs a different way to solve a problem.When working in a team, different ideas come to light and thus a better and more efficient solution can be developed.When people from different expertise work together, it enables them to think on a wider scope.For example, while developing a software, a developer will know how to develop the software.But he may not know to make the software more secure and more widely available.So if he teams up with a security expert and a web developer,the end result would be a more secured and widely available software which increases the chances of success of the software.Thus in software companies, teamwork plays a decisive role.

Secondly,when working in a team,if some individual has a problem, he can discuss it with other team members.Thus, the problem will be solved faster.Normally,in a team the work is divided among people according to their expertise.Thus different parts will be completed simultaneously which will lead to faster completion of the project. In todays world, due to tremendous competition in the market, it is essential that the developmtnt time should be as small as possible.

But sometimes, working in a team has some disadvantages. It may happen that the team may consist of lethargic, sluggish persons who keep on delaying work.Such people affect the team wholly and decrease the efficiency of the team.The team should consist of equally intelligent people so that they have better understanding and can cooperate well.Also if there is internally rivalry, which is common in todays era, the productivity denigrates.I think that a person is more motivated when he competes with other people in an effort to develop a better solution as compared to the motivation when he works in a team.

In total, working in a team has its advantages and disadvantages.Team work can lead to sharing of ideas,problems,better understanding and fast completion.But if care is not taken while forming a team, it can degrade the productivity.

This is an issue topic.please evaluate it and give your valuable feedback

The main point you are trying to bring out is the benefit of teamwork vs. individuality. It is good that you are using examples, i.e. software development and general problem solving. I think you are on the right track with giving examples to support your thesis, but the essay needs to flow better.

Consider avoiding "but" and "so" to begin a sentence. Both of these words seem to suggest a reference to the subject in the earlier part of the sentence. By starting the sentence with these words, it breaks up the flow and cohesiveness of your thoughts.