Urch Forums

Please rate my essay

pabloivan57

Hi guys, please I would like my essay to be rated in order to get an idea of what's my level at the moment. I'm going to take the GRE on November 11 which means around 2 months of preparation, any kind of advice or feedback is greatly appreciated, Note that English isn't my first language.

I choose the issue is " in any field of inquiry, the beginner is more likely than the expert to make important contributions"

Here is the essay, it was done during a 30 minute exercise that simulated the real test time.

It’s common on any field of inquiry to have both beginners and experts contributing with their knowledge, however at a certain point their success will depend on people who have enough insight and experience to keep a centered point of view and tackle problems using a mature opinion. Therefore,

experts will contribute more because they have more knowledge and expertise on their fields, which will help to solve and confirm any kind of theory, or problem that may arise during their studies.

An expert has a huge amount of knowledge and practice about a certain topic, which can help in many different ways during inquiry. For example, they are capable of relating things more deeply than beginners and observe with more attention certain patterns and behaviors that could be useful to discover new information.

In addition to this, their expertise provides them with enough tools to solve problems more quickly and in more efficient ways, perhaps they know different approaches to try whenever they got stuck during research, or they may know people that could help them to overcome their problem. All of this can help experts to come up with solid conclusions that make sense and can indeed be proved through a scientific method, not just by simple observation.

However sometimes expertise can become a limitation for some people, their knowledge --and sometimes their ego—can lead them to assume that theories or hypothesis are impossible because they have never seen something like that before, in other words they cannot see outside of the box and search for explanations outside of their field of study. Here is when beginners can contribute much more by using their imagination and curiosity to tackle problems.

To conclude, experts will contribute more to any field of inquiry because they posses more knowledge, tools, and experience to solve any kind of problem that may arise during research.