Urch Forums

028 Students should memorize facts only

chinuochinu

028. Students should memorize facts only after they have studied the ideas ,trends,concepts that help explain those facts.Students who learn only facts have learned very little.

The following issue states about the fact that students should memorize those facts which they have conceptualized through ideas, trends or concepts instead of only learning them.I truely agree with this point of this issue, that memorization of a facts plays more vital role in a students life provided,students are repleted with concepts,trends , rather than simply learning method.This i am explaining below.

Facts play a very much central role in students life.Students carrier is entirely dependant upon the facts they study.It may be for a primary student or may be for an academician.In every field the study of facts is regarded as a surmount importance in the students further carrier.I do support this notion that facts should be memorized and should be followed by its validation only.So, if a student observes a fact and he/she doesn't have any explanation for the fact ,then simply learning the fact may even become baneful for his/her carrier as well for the ambience.Oviously it is the initial understanding of a fact , that leads further successful achievements in the students carrier.

Firstly i want to give an example regarding the study in the field of physics.In the field of physics there are infinite informations to be understood.Again each information has its own relevent importance.Like the discovery of the earths rotation arround the sun.It is the concept discovered by Gallileo.But, preveously it was regared as that sun was revolving round the earth.So, only after this illisuion has been verified so many solutions in different fields came to humans' hand .The proof of the fact that earth is circular by collumbus lead to navigation over sea, discovery of several places.Unless it has been verified by facts, the world has not been in the position where it is now.

Secondly , i want to give another example in the field of mathematics.Mathematics is a part of our life.It is that field of science which can't be learned simply by assumption.Its real application lies in the method of verification and application.Before the concept of mathematics have evolved the worlds progresss was simply in a stationary position.No human was able to make his daily life at ease,not a single work was being able to be done properly.But the real invention and understanding of the concepts of mathematics made every task a more flexible than ever before.Hence if we dont understand the concepts of mathematics and will try to learn then , it will be totally worth less for us.Because ,mathematics is that field which one can't grasp simply by learning its formulas .For the real understanding of this , one need to apply it in real time applications,and have to have work abiding the ideas which rationalizes it. Only after this that fact can be effective if memorized.

Thirdly , i want to give an example in the field of chemistry.For example, a student learns the chemical properties of a compound.It is sometimes happened that students simply learn the properties of the compound.But , in the mean time they have to pay for it.Like, if syudents learns the properties of NaOH, a compound called as common salt.Then with out proper verification or data, he/she supposes that compound as salt.As a result , that student makes the use of salt during some practcal use .It will drag, the concept of learning simply to be considered as an absolute ironic one.There fore the real purpose of the student would have been solved if he/she has followed the concepts behind this cemical compound .

Finally, i want to conclude the topic by mentioning that a learning can only be applicable for ephimeral and impractcable things , which has only temorary use.But if every concept is carried by this process, then oviously the denouemnt will result the attrocity of life as well as properties.There fore it is obligatory to study the trends, ideas,concepts after this there should be memorization.