Urch Forums

Data structures and algorithm in C or in C++ ?

Jeffrey

Hi, I'm preparing the data structures and algorithm. There are some books writen in C and some others in C++. Which one is better for the CS subject? C or C++?

Those sample questions about algorithm are writen in C, right? Does it mean that the Object Oriented Programming part is not important?

Thanks in advance:)

Edited by Jeffrey

From what I've gathered, microkernel is right. The idea behind the test is to evaluate understanding of concepts, so those are of primary importance.

That said, there are many concepts that only appear in Object Oriented languages... and from what I've gathered, some code samples from recent tests do test understanding of Object Oriented concepts.

You have little to lose by using books that approach the subject using C++, so why not go with it. Chances are, if you don't know the language well already, it will also help quite a bit. If you do, then there's nothing to lose and possibly something to gain.

It doesnt matter the programming language that use to study concepts of data structures and algo but i would recommend u use java bcoz iit and even all colleges in BE use it...so u wouldnt have to put some extra efforts....java is more systematic than c and c++ as it contains built-in libraries and also most oops features...!!

I recommend refer Data Structures and Algorithm in JAva by michael goodrich and Introduction to Algorithms by Thomas H. Cormen for the pupose as these are the book whiv=ch even IITians refer...!! rest is on ur choice