Urch Forums

post AGRE

funceval

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here guys,really hard to tell how well i did.......but still I attempted 62 n i am sure about 35-38 ...did 2 or 3 guesses in the end...rest ...lets see......

cant say that the test was tough...coz my prep. was really bad...n i think i did manage well......

i think everyone shd hav got atleast 30 right with decent prep......but sum Q were very lengthy....and i think todays test was a gud overall mixture of all the topics......none of the topics dominated as such.......

hope we all do welll.......i'll be more than happy if i just reach 800...:hmm:

Well I answered 68 of the 70 questions.

I'm certain of about 40-45 questions.

In 15 other questions, I was stuck between 2 choices so I thought I'd guess since I took the time and effort to eliminate 3 of the 5 choices.. I know this sometimes is not a good idea but a 50/50 situation is too good to be left blank.

In about 8 questions, I had a clear idea of what the question is about but I didn't have enough time to choose the correct answer. I managed to eliminate 2 choices of each one of these questions though.

You might wonder why did I answer those 8 questions? I honestly don't know, just felt this "urge" to answer them and what's the worst case scenario? Getting them all wrong results in about 2 points deducted.. Meh..

Oh and I agree, some questions were incredibly lengthy!

A word of advice, don't leave the answer sheet blank till the last 10-15 minutes! Filling it with those ovals was such a pain :p

i have a question about the raw score and how it relates to the percentile. One of the guys on this forums has posted his AGRE CS scores as follows :

Score / Percent / Raw score/Date Taken

800 77% 50.....2007.04.14

830 88% 46.....2005.11.12

If the look at the sample AGRE CS test booklet, a raw score of 50 which i think is very good is equal to 95%. So, how is it that a raw score of 50 gives only 77%? What am i missing here?

So in the actual exam all the questions are part of the final score?

Yes, all 70 of the questions are going to be scored unless there are unforeseen problems with the test questions. It was only in the 2003 exam (the exam in the current ETS booklet) that 5 questions were thrown out because they were ambiguous.

And how exactly do you know that more Chinese are taking the exam? And even if they are, how does it mean test takers are improving?

OK. I am speculating. But I would be shocked if there were a greater percentage of Americans taking the exam this year compared to a few years ago. More importantly, I think the test is becoming less popular, at least among domestic students. Therefore, the people who take the exam may be an even more select, educated group.

Fortunately for me, since my interest is human-computer interaction, I can take the GRE Psychology exam instead :)

But seriously, the good news is that it all washes out. For example:

The mean GRE scores for a recent entering class of students were: Verbal 580, Quantitative 782, and Computer Science Subject Test 752; the mean TOEFL score was 268 (minimum 213 required by the university).

Computer Science, Rutgers University: M.S. Program in Computer Science

A few years ago, a 752 would be considered a relatively low score. Not anymore, at least for many MS applicants.

The exam was lengthy... or maybe i just wasted time on some questions / calculations..

I was able to answer 52 / 70...though , I'm confident of most of what i answered ...I didn't do "any" random guessing, cause getting 1/4th cut for a 1/5th probabily, wouldn't do me any good ...Just wish i was faster..Anyways, no crying over spilt milk..

For those who are preparing: This is one paper, where , to get anything above an 80 percentile, knowing the concepts in each course isn't enough .. You "have" to know the details...

The code segments were easy, but some questions were really lengthy.. i didn't even bother reading then, so i could carry on and answer the shorter ones.. I think most people would have attempted in the 60's... The results all depend on how everyone performed, as they'll be curving to their standard result distribution...

Did anyone here take the test in St.Michaels school, Pusa road...Could you believe it ?? They had their Annual Sports day or somethign going on , and the teachers were shouting into the microphone, throughout the exam...

for NOV. 3 the scores will be available at the cost of 12$ netime after dec 5th by phone....and by mail either in last week of dec. or first week of jan.....but ets does get late often...so i think most of us will be opting for the phone option....(atleast i will be..)

ananddev------>

dude a raw score of 45-50 will land u newhere between 830 to 850.....n thats a gr8 score.....i think only very few(maybe 1 in every 10 guys)do get that score......u r expecting that?? how did ur test go??

if yes then dude u r a very lucky guy...coz then u can certainly get into one of top 20's....all the best

dude a raw score of 45-50 will land u newhere between 830 to 850.....n thats a gr8 score.....i think only very few(maybe 1 in every 10 guys)do get that score......u r expecting that?? how did ur test go??

if yes then dude u r a very lucky guy...coz then u can certainly get into one of top 20's....all the best

Pardon me, but as i know 55-60 would get you 830-850 .... however 45 would get you around ~700 ,,, please amend me if i'm mistaking

MDK

bro ne conversion scheme can be there...all depends on ETS....and at what level do they percieve the test to be....but the one i mentioned does go hand in hand with the latest test that ets has on their site.....n the 2006 results also corroborate with it......so, its no hard n fast rule.....but most probably it will be sumwhere near to it......

Hi,

INMHO the test was a good mixed bag of questions. I solved all 70 questions, and am confident about atleast 55. In my first pass, I had finished about 45-50 easy questions in 2 hours. That gave me the time and confidence to attack the tougher ones. There were some questions like the "buddy memory allocation", etc which I had only a faint idea, but for the remaining questions I had to guess between two options.

I am desperately waiting for the results. I guess my AGRE score would improve my chances at the top 10..