Urch Forums

Please solve these

Mystic

1. TWo different integers are to be selected from a set of 10 different integers in which half of the integers are even and half are odd. how many of the 45 possible selections consists of one even and one odd integer ?

Ans->25

2. 7 one dollar bills are to be distributed among Lucia Gomez and Domingo so that each person receives at least one dollar.

column A -> The number of ways to distribute the bills so that at least one person receives at least $3

Column B-> The total number of ways to distribute the bills

Ans -> The two quantities are equal

1) the first problem is probably easier than you were thinking it was. If you have 10 integers and half are even and half are odd, then you really have two sets of 5. If you want to draw one even and one odd, you are drawing one from the set of 5 odds and one from the set of 5 evens. the combinations are 5 in the first drawing and 5 in the second drawing, making 5*5 total combinations = 25.

2) I was wondering if there was a typo, but I figured that "Lucia Gomez" is one person and "Domingo" is a second person, so if you have $7 and you distribute it all the only combinations are $3 for L and $4 for D or vice versa (two combinations). If you read the criteria under A and B, this method is both the only way to distribute all of the money and the only way to distribute it so that each person gets at least $3, so A and B are each 2, and the answer is C.

2) I was wondering if there was a typo, but I figured that "Lucia Gomez" is one person and "Domingo" is a second person, so if you have $7 and you distribute it all the only combinations are $3 for L and $4 for D or vice versa (two combinations). If you read the criteria under A and B, this method is both the only way to distribute all of the money and the only way to distribute it so that each person gets at least $3, so A and B are each 2, and the answer is C.

so how wud it be for 3 ppl..:hmm: ...wont work i guess....

yes, Lucia Gomez is one person (Lucia is the name and Gomez the last name). No doubt at all