Urch Forums

Preparting for OCT GRE:Big list, short list, barrons,antonyms and synonyms.??

Darkthriller

• 4 weeks later...
best thing would be you master the barrons wordlists first... that will cover a major chunk... then its all application in ANTONYMS and SENTENCE COMPLETION...

Agreed. The Barron's frequency list should come first. Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to go over all the other frequency word lists from Kaplan, Arco, and Princeton review since some of those words were missing from the Barron's 3500 altogether. GREBible also has a nice vocab learning feature with 3000 words that may or may not speed up memorization. Has anyone compared it to the GRE guru wordlist program and found it better or worse?

Many of the words if not all in the GREBible are from the Barron's list. The vocab builder feature is nice because it gives you sentence completion questions for each of the words. Guru has more words tho (5000 in all), and gives you the option of pruning the list so that you can reference only the ones that you're not familiar with. It sorta beats going through GREBible/Barron's list and having to copy/paste all the ones you don't know onto paper or a word doc.

• 1 month later...
I am taking the GRE in October too, and I'd love to have a 650 on the Verbal and 750 on the Quant, and I have been studying Barrons for about a month now, every time I take the practice tests, I do not so good though. Quant in the 600's and Verbal in the 450.. I need to bump up those numbers. Were any of you ever that low in your scores and still did well?