Urch Forums

100 RC practice site by me

jitun

I am almost done with the wordlists. But the RC is giving me hard time. I could not find a software with a lot of RC to practice with. So I finaly ended up creating this site. Though I will be practicing on my localhost (my own computer in a normal human language) I thought to put it online to help others.

RC Practice Utility By Lagnajeet Pradhan

It has 100 RC tests. The site will show you RCs chooses randomly from these 100 RCs so you may get the same passage again in that case hit skip.It will get another random RC for you. The line numbrs in the passage don't agree with those in the questions. I put the line numbers just to give it a GRE feel. The RC were taken from a long list of RC practice text file i had downloaded from net. It was not manually imported so you may find some imperfections. After all computers are not inteligent like us.:rolleyes: However it was a cursory(WOW studying vocabs helps then) job done in 6 hours as I could not spend too much time on that. ETS won't ask php,Mysql on GRE :D. So if you want to improve the code please drop me a mail. I will send you the codes. Be warned that there are no comment lines in the code.

Thanks a lot Jitun: Good job! I would like to know although you have given line numbers just to get the "GRE feel", hope the answers to the questions are right, right? By the way, may I know what you mean by php,Mysql and "codes"?

Again, great job Jitun!!!

Ya the answers to the questions are right. The line numbers do not conform because

1.I don't know the exact font name and size used by ETS in their exam.

2.If i decrease the font size the line numbers may conform a bit but it look different than what it looks in the actual exam. In the actual exam the screen resolution is 640x480 and here I have made the same thing in 800x600 so the font in this case must be (800/640) i.e. 1.25 times greater. And with the font 1.25 times greater the line numbers do not confirm.

Resolution

When I am practicing the passages at home and will make necessary changes when i will find error. Then upload it to the site after i made a significant number of changes. I have even added an Report button that you can use to report if in any question the line numbers don't agree

And you need not worry about the php,Mysql and codes unless you are a programmer. php is the language I used to develop the site and mysql is the database. And code means the codes i wrote for this application(site).

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...