Urch Forums

ETS internal problem: Name mismatch

omarshehab

Hi all,

My name is Abu Mohammad Omar Shehab Uddin Ayub. Unfortunately ETS have an internal problem with my name. I registered for GRE test with the first name as 'Abu Mohammad Omar' and last name as 'Shehab Uddin Ayub'. For reference, please check the following links to see the screenshots of registration process.

Registration information entry: http://omarshehab.googlepages.com/gre-reg-input.jpg

Registration confirmation report: http://omarshehab.googlepages.com/gre-reg-output.jpg

My name on my passport (Passport number B0672988) is also 'Abu Mohammad Omar Shehab Uddin Ayub'. I used this passport as Government ID for GRE test registration.

But they porbably changed their policy by this time and now my name is 'AbuMohammadOmar ShehabUddinAyub' on the score report. Please note that they have removed spaces from my first and last names. When asked for a clarification, ETS informed my that their database does not support spaces now. They proposed to put hyphens '-' instead of spaces.

Now my questions are:

1. Would the admission offices accept the report with name 'Abu-Mohammad-Omar Shehab-Uddin-Ayub' for my application where the name is 'Abu Mohammad Omar Shehab Uddin Ayub'?

1. If yes, does ETS need to send an additional note to clarify the name mismatch?
    2. If not, what should I do to resolve the problem?
    3. Thanks in advance. I am looking forward to hear from you.

Abu Mohammad Omar Shehab Uddin Ayub

Doctoral admission applicant

Heh heh! :) I agree with Wanna1600. As long as there isn't another Abu Mohammad Omar Shehab Uddin Ayub applying, you should be in good shape. Moreover, most universities do offer you the option of submitting any other names that they may receive documents under and you could put your hyphenated name under that.