Urch Forums

Please check my GRE study plan and give your valuable opinion!

ting

Hello.. I started my GRE word-list cramming process, but have found it very frustrating and my progress is extremely slow :mad:. I have made a routine to follow, but I am not sure whether it is going to work or not, because I have very short time to prepare myself to get a high score (target score - minimum 1450). I am a non-native English speaker.

I am going to sit for my GRE test this October. Could you please check my study schedule and give your opinion?

Note: I have completed my BEngg (Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering) recently, planning to start MS from Fall, 2011. I am doing a part-time job, so me almost whole day free.

Monday-Friday

7:00am - 7:30am > Revise all words which were memorized till yesterday

7:40am - 9:30am > Memorize New Words (Barron's)

10:00am - 10:10am > Practice 1 reading comprehension

11:40am - 12:30pm > Practice 5 examples of sentence completion, analogy and antonyms

12:30pm - 1:30pm > Math (Nova)

5:00pm - 7:30pm > Memorize New Words (Barron's)

7:50pm - 8:30pm > Revise all words (new and old)

Saturday

1 whole GRE test from BigBook

Please do not hesitate to give your opinion or advice. Thank you:)

If you're giving GRE in october, you do have enough time. I think memorizing new Barron's words for two separate times a day might be too much. The problem is not about the ability to process new things, but rather to retain so many new words. You should see how many words are you able to remember. Also try Guru's GRE wordlist software as an added revision. It helped me a lot.

But overall your routine seems good enough for a decent preparation. All the best!