Urch Forums

retaling the gre and score reporting

fr434046

i took the gre in june and was elated with my scores....until i got my AW score in the mail two weeks later :( My scores were V: 720 Q: 770 AW: 4.0

My purpose for taking the gre is to go for an MA in IR. I know that the verbal and quant are great, but the writing is low for what i want to do. I really thought i did well in that part too... It looks to me like i should retake to get a higher AW score because i'm shooting for the top tier schools in IR.

Since i'm happy with my other two scores, and actually a little afraid of doing worse if i redo them, should i just not answer any questions in the verbal and quant so a "No score" appears in reports? All i want to do is fix my writing score to a 5+. Schools see all past scores, right? So if i got "no score" on one test, they'd still see the earlier good scores? Do you think a "No score" will look bad? Or should i really go through the whole thing again?

thanks