Urch Forums

Queries about the revised GRE, taken on OCT 05, 2011

rchowdhury03

Hi,

I have recently(5th October) taken revised GRE test and my score was verbal:430-530 and quantitative:750-800. So total sum of the score is 1180-1330 which is a pretty big range. Should I consider the average of the upper and lower range as my score? Would appreciate if anyone could give me a idea about it.

In the detail reporting of the GRE score at the end of November, will the old scale score will be reported along with the new scale scores.

Would be grateful if anyone can share some information about these issues.

Regards

Rocky Chowdhury

Hi Rocky, I don't think you should try to guess an specific score from the range given by the test software. You should rather wait for the November when you get the actual score (in new 130-170 scale) as well as the percentile score. The old score (means the 200-800 scale) will not appear in your score sheet. You will see specific scores on the new 130-170 range for both verbal and quantitative section along with the percentile rank. But if you took a test before Aug 2011 which is still valid, then you would see the old scores (in 200-800 scale) together with estimated new scores and associated percentiles on your score report.