Urch Forums

Relevance of Aristotle Prep RC99

blackadder71990

Hi Guys,

I have heard from some folks that Aristotle Prep's Verbal grail is awesome for verbal section (especially the RCs). Unfortunately I am taking my GRE in about 20 days and have no time to order the book, receive it and study from it. I was wondering how the RC99 document that has been floating around in internet forums is ? It is mainly for GMAT and I found it to be akin GRE standards. Any thoughts on this one ? It is quite a lot of practice and was wondering whether or not to do it; I really don't want to waste my time on unnecessary stuff before the exam !

PS: I stay in Bangalore and would be grateful to ANYONE here who is done with their GRE and who has the Aristotle Prep Verbal Grail for the GRE for sale/rent/lending. Please help a brother in need guys :)

I have been through Aristotle RC99 and it is clearly not for the GRE. The question types, passage length and structure are clearly for very different from the GRE and doing them may be a waste of time if you ask me.it's better to practice some other material...by the way,i had ordered gre verbal grail from their website and received it in 3 days..

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I ordered it on Saturday. hope to get it by day after tomorrow.

So, how do you suggest I go about making the best use of the book ?

I am at the V156 level and want to improve to a 160+

I'm in the same boat. My current verbal score is hovering between 152 and 158 and i simply don't know how to push it higher to 160+.. have ordered gre verbal grail today morning.hopefully i should be able to utilize it in the next 1 month as my gre date is coming up in another 45 days.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have the Aristotle Prep but in my opinion the RC isn't as similar as it should be. In addition, the explanations are wanting. The RC99 PowerPrep document floating around the Internet is a very good tool for practice purposes. I was shocked to learn that they are still using at least one passage from it on the real GRE as of 10/2014.