Urch Forums

mix and match GRE scores?

hydroJen

Hi hydrojen,

No this is not allowed... in fact, you are not even allowed to report only the latest or the best score to the univs... they are reported all scores and they decide on wht it means for them...

but chill... if you plan to take the GRE again, why should you not get an 800 in quant this time? with of course an improvement in verbal...

best,

Attraxion.

Not exactly true. You can retake the GRE and cancel previous results with the testing agency. I have done this and am taking it again this month. Only the second test's results will be reported because they will be the only ones available.

Hey that was news to me, but since you're doing it... cool man... Are you sure you got your score earlier? what was it like?

I didn't elect to have the scores sent anywhere. I was going to pay the fee afterwards to have this done on request only if the scores were to my satisfaction. I took the test the first time with no prep just to see how tough it was and what I was getting into. I got only a 1000...like 450 math 550 verbal. I'm 29 and been out of school for awhile now and forgot all my math fundamentals. I'm testing again this month on the 20th after about a month studying full time. I'm also scheduled to take GRE again on Aug 1 to see if I can get even higher score the 3rd time. So basically I'll be requesting results sent out when I get a score I like.

I'm applying for a USAF officer commission and the GRE is part of my package.